48

It's new years eve. Well it's just December 31,I just don't know. It's already 11:00 and hour until midnight.

We were going to throw a party but everyone wanted to go to the ball drop at time square.

We are all seated in the hall and waiting for the clock to strike 12. Some are playing games,some are texting and like myself,sam and Kian are just staring out of space.

I don't feel the vibz. I wanted to spend new years knowing that I'm going to a college on January second or with the love of my life.I'm done being friends with benefit for kian. I want someone for myself, Someone I call mine.

I knew I would regret having sex with him,because I can bet that I was loving him,the sex and everything,but he just wanted sex."

"Ashley!" Ricky shout.

"Huh?" I look around.

"I ask if you wanted to play?"

Everyone is staring at me and I can't do this anymore. "No! I'll be using the bathroom." I got up. Kian and sam is having a fierce eye battle when I get up. I hurried upstairs to the 'everyone' balcony. The view is prettier and the space is much bigger. If you fall over,you'll fall in the big pool downstairs.

I stand there,taking in cool breeze. I'm just thinking about what am I going to do for school and how I'm going to get a boyfriend. Why am I here? I just wanted stay here because of the college but I wasn't accept.

No one knows except mom,and I'm wondering if kian or sam got in. Tears started to fall and I can't help but cry harder. What am I going to do with my life. As usual this is better than last year. Last year on new years,my heart was broken my Ramone,Just before mid night. I was left there crying until mom comforted me and April scratch his eyes out.

Even before that year,2015,I lose my money and even got lose in time square. I should know by now that when the new year come again,I should probably be prepared to lose an arm.

But the worst one yet was in 2006 when I was 9 years old. Dad disappeared. I never saw him after that and mom seem like she's not ready to tell me about it. That was 10 years ago and I miss my dad,mr. Joe Patterson.

I never realize how hard I'm crying. My voice literally echo from up here.

"Flatty? Are you okay?" I don't have to turn around,I only know one person that calls me that name.

I quickly wipe my face but I wasn't fast enough. Kian is staring at me shock. "What is wrong with you?" He ask.

"I uh.."

He hugs me. "It's okay,don't speak." He tighten his grip. I feel like crying more. I push him away. "It's not okay!
I don't have a school to go,what am I going to be a stripper?"

"I would like that." He smile.

"For a moment I forgot that I was talking to an idiot." I roll my watery eyes.

"I know you're lying,so I'm just joking. "

"No! While you idiots were avoiding me,the school called. They say I was not accepted."

"For real? I got in. I wanted to surprise you." He said.

"Well I didn't." I fold my arms.

"So,you can start to work or something."

"I don't want to work yet. I want to go further in accounting and I.T and I will not settle for call center or add a little grocery."

"Maybe that was God's plan,for you to-"