Chapter Eighty Four

The all white dining room was set to prefection. Dressed in my sweat shirt and leggings; I walked besides Carter as we took our seat next to eachother. Carter's dad was already seated focusing his attention on the flat screen television that showcased ten different shows all at once. All of them being sports.

"Good Morning." We both spoke as his father turned to greet us with a smile.

"Hey. How are yall doing?" He asked.

"Good." Shawn answered taking his seat and begin collecting food for our plates.

The events from last night was very entertaining yet shocking. Besides all the bullshit that occured I was still confused as to how Shawn was able to kick his father out of the resturant and then imply that his father living habits and lifestyle was all because him.

According to rumors, it was said that Shawn's father owned the company but because of medicial reasons he gave it to Shawn, but that was clearly a lie. Not only does Shawn dad look healthy and very well stable, he was only 58. Beside that, Shawn inheritance didn't come from his father but his uncle.

While Shawn was busy apologizing for his father's behavior, I was busy trying to figure out his life and where did his wealth come from. Apperantly, his uncle-his mother's brother- who was the father figure in his life left him several islands. Melia's Island formally known as Coca Cay was one of the many islands his uncle used as his base during his drug runs.

Melia Island was the biggest. It was his uncle's vision before he died to open several huge hotels, resturant and resorts as an investment for his family and future children.

Since Shawn was the only one who showed any sign of wanting more, he left it all to him. According to Shawn, his birth father was used as an assest to brand Melia Island into something more because his father had worked for rich white men for years doing dirty businesses for them. So it was only right to use him to bring in business and investments.

Now, his father was the punching bag for multi-millionaires like Dean. He would minuplated the minds of many other young business men, trick them into investing their money with Dean and leaving them high and dry. In Shawn's eyes, his father was a pure fool for believing he can ever be on the same level as Mr. Dean.

Mr. Dean was all about his money and investments. He only thought for himself and his family. Thats why Shawn left him in the dark. Based on what meets the eye, Shawn's dad and Mr. Dean only knew about Melia Island and the millions it bring in every year. Based on the grand portfolio I saw, Shawn is far beyond millions. With over 120 hotels and resort all around the world Shawn is well on his way to being one of the most wealthiest men alive. That doesn't even include the car dealership he is part owner of, the many clubs he own and the two private aircraft line he is building.

"What you thinking about?" Shawn asked interrupting my thoughts.

"Nothing. Why?" I asked picking up my fork.

"You never let food stay in front of you that long. It has been about 2 minutes." He laughed as he cut his pancake.

"Whatever" I said, bumping his arm and begin eating.

The rest of the dinner was pretty quiet as Shawn and his father made small talk. It was clear that their relationship was never solid and from the conversation they had it would never be. Not once did his dad bother to ask about Blue or how she is doing in school so I already knew he could careless about me or this baby.

Once I had finish eating, I decided to give Shawn some space to speak with his father privately. Eventhough I knew nothing much would be discuss between them it was only respectful that I offered to leave.