Chapter Eighteen

I double checked my makeup one more time in my car's mirror before leaving to see my major advisor Mrs. Munnings. I hopped out my car locking the doors behind me before I entered into Lynden Franklin's Building at my college.

I had a meeting with my advisor today to go over my contract. It was the starting of the second summer semster and after I secured my 6th 4.0 GPA since entering college, my dean and advisor had decided to adjust my contract; which could possibly speed up my years in school as a medicial student.

I haven't shared the good news with anyone yet and I honestly wasn't interested in doing so either, because I wasnt 100% sure. I walked towards the elevator taking the ride up to the 5th floor and checking in.

"Good Morning Madam, how may I assist you this morning?" A friendly lady asked.

"I have a meeting with my advisor Mrs. Munnings for 9:30am." I said.

"Okay, you may have a seat right in the chair and she'll be with you shortly." She proceeded.

"Thank You." I said.

I sat in the chair taking out my cellphone. I unlock my phone immediately seeing a message from Xavier reminding me about our dinner plans for 6 this evening. I sent a smiley face with a thumbs up excited about our countless outting. Its been two weeks since the night Kelly, Monica, Mickey and I had at Xavier's place and so far things between us our moving smoothly. I haven't felt this much joy since my first paycheck and I had Xavier to thank for that.

He was one of a kind, almost too one of a kind now that I think about it. Since I was granted a one month vacation with pay from my job, Most of my time now, was spent between school and at his penthouse. He's been talking alot about us moving forward after I completed school and I had to say I was excited.

For the first time, I got to meet his parents who were super sweet. His mother is a stay at home wife who catered solely to her husband and his demands. Everytime I went over we always left taking about marriage and Xavier believed I would be such a great wife.

"Beyonce Knowles?" A lady said walking out, I shot up my head seeing Mrs. Munnings smiling at me

"Yes Ma, Thats Me." I said standing to my feet.

"Good morning Miss Knowles, how are you?" Mrs. Munnings asked.

"Great and you?" I replied.

"Awesome, so what can I do for you today?" She asked.

"Well I had been advised to take 5 more classes in the 2nd summer semester. I was trying to register but my classes weren't going through. I couldn't find you so I went to the dean and they told me to come and see you because there were changes made to my contract." I explained as I took a seat in her office.

"Oh, yes, yes, you're Beyonce. Right. Um, well you know your medicial degree is set to take four years on average. Correct?" She stated as I shook my head.

"Some persons have been lucky enough to do exceptional well that decreases their years in school. After every term wither it be Fall, Spring or Summer as a department each student under every major offered here has to be revised." She explained pulling up my record.

"After the 1st summer term, we look overour students report and it showed that you have scored 6 sets of 4.0s GPA back to back. Which is indeed exceptional." She applaud me.

"So the reason you couldn't be registered is because those classes you were advised for no longer applies to you when you have obtained such a great transcript. So that means, your degree years will be decreased by one. If during your last year, you exceed just as high as you are now and past your practical exam then you will be granted your medicial degree with distinct recogition and honors." She explained.