Chapter Fifty Three

"Beyonce did you set the table yet?" My mama asked.

"Yes mama I already did that." I said lazily as I dragged myself into the kitchen swinging my arms back at forth.

My mind was somewhere between my bed and wanting to be in my grave to find rest. After I finished surprising Blue with the tree and making some delicious pastries with the help of Maria, much sleep wasn't coming to me. Blue made me stay up with her watching Frozen and Tinker Bell until it was Christmas Eve. When Christmas Eve came yesterday, she and I ate hot choclate and Frozen cookies until she fell asleep. When the day cleared, she and I went to the Mandira spa, got our bodies massaged, hair done, finger and toe nails done then went shopping for clothes. That little girl was a ball of fire all by herself.

I didn't mind letting her have a good time and doing what her heart desired because she was so use of having what she needed and wanted handed to her instead of going out there and see other things. By the time we were done it was already 4. We found Jay a gift, wrapped it and secured it under the Christmas tree. When we went back to his place, I had to stay a little longer because he didn't want me to leave. Eventhough I was sleepy, I still couldn't rest, he wouldn't allow it so instead I stayed up talking to him, eating and watching tv along with him until 2 in the morning. When I finally fell asleep, I had to wake up after 8 to drive home in preparation for Christmas dinner.

"Are you finna make the kool-aid or sit there?" My mama asked turning away from the stove as she saw me stretched out across the kitchen table.

"Mama...I am tired." I whined as I stretched my hands out over the kitchen table.

"Beyonce, we agreed to do this big dinner and have guests over. Get off your georgy bundle and get working." She said getting ticked off. "We still gotta do the cheese cakes and blueberry muffins." She said pointing her finger at me.

"Okay, Okay, did Mia and MJ eat yet?" I asked.

"Beyonce, its after 8. Them babies still sleeping." She said.

"Did you invite Diamond?" I asked standing up from the table and walking over to the over head cabins taking down a pitcher.

"I saw her about 12 hours ago. She came to drop of the kids." Mama said hanging her head as she stepped away from the stove. "She has scares all over her hands. She smelled filthy. The kids said all the food bought for them she took it and gave it to the man Derry." Mama said.

"Oh God Mama. Did you atleast invite her here for a bathe and dinner?" I asked.

"I did but I am not helping her anymore. I am done with that. I need to enjoy my life not running around behind grown woman telling them how they should act and behave." My mama said. "I'm just gonna pray she comes to her sense." Mama said.

"I just wished life came with a map, a very detailed map." I said as I poured the sugar into the container.

"If everything in life came easy then we wouldn't need God, we wouldn't know what hard times are. Everything that comes easy ain't always good baby girl." She said. "You just gotta want better for yourself. Diamond doesn't want that." She said

"I know. If she comes here and wants help, I'll offer to put her in rehab." I said.

"The hell you won't. You would not take a dime out your wallet and give to that girl. The reason she does these things is because she always know we here to catch her. Not this time." Mama said.

I continued mixing the kool-aid until it was up to standards before moving onto chilling the drinks and wines. I had my fair share of secrets and lies so I didn't bother judging Diamond. She didn't have the easiest of upbringing and I would hate to see her life wash down a drain.