Chapter Three

I walked towards the hallway of my mother's bedroom sleepily. I was exhausted and my feet felt numb as I walked as fast as possible towards her room. When I reached to her door I pushed it open. She was sitting up in her bed reading a book under the lamp.

"Hey Mama. I'm sorry for not calling." I said yawning as I tossed my bag on her bedroom floor.

"Beyonce. You won't tell me where you work, you pulled up here in a brand new car and you're taking care of yourself, not asking for assistance. The late hours every week is making me worried and you not speaking isn't helping. What's going on?" She said placing her book down.

"Mama!" I yawned as I jumped into her bed. "I am NOT stripping, I am NOT sleeping with a rich married man, I am NOT doing drugs nor am I a side piece for anyone. Whatever I am doing is very professional and very much under legal acts. I work late for money purposes ONLY." I said resting my head against her pillow. "Tomorrow I will tell you everything over lunch. I'm taking you to NOBU!" I said giving her a weak smile.

''Where you get money from to go to NOBU Beyonce? Besides I am not about to go sit around eating raw food." My mother said, nearly yelling.

"Mama relax. I will never do anything to hurt or worry you." I said kissing her cheeks before going to sleep.

                                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up around 11 am freezing. The air condition in my mother's room made me forget that summer was almost here. I rolled out of bed landing right onto of my handbag.

I quickly collected myself as I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I picked up my handbag as I stumbled to my feet. I swung my handbag across my shoulder and opened my mother's door. I walked down the hallway heading to my room; just as I was about to unlock my room door my step sister Diamond walked upstairs.

"Hey Bey. You looked tired." She said trying to pull her short white dress down that had a huge stain in front of it. "You know hard working sisters like us need some sleep." She said giggling. Knowing Diamond her ass was trying to start something.

"I don't see why you would insult "hardworking sisters" like that by including yourself. Its pathetic." I said sternly. "There is nothing hard working about you when you have nothing to do but refuse to get a full-time job or finish your GED." I said unlocking my room door.

"Well we all can't have a fat ass and DD cup boobs like you Bey. Stripping don't fit us all." She said.

"It sure don't because exposing this body to local men for a few fifties a week ain't fit enough for me honey." I said running my hands down my ass. "You, now you, it might be, since everyone knows you work the 8-12 shift on weekends." I said looking at her tired, wear-down body from head to toe before closing my door.

Diamond and I aren't the best of friends and we sure as hell aren't sisters. I never trusted her and I never will. She was always sneaking and snooping into whatever she could. She was one of main reasons why I went out there and found a job. I didn't want to be a burden to anyone because life had too much to offer than having to weigh others down and take anybody's shit.

I shut and locked my room door as I headed into my bathroom. I quickly hopped in the shower letting the cold water invade my skin. I was fully awake but my bones weren't. I started thinking back at last night and how much I enjoyed every bit of it. I was thankful for the money I received and the paycheck that was about to come. Within a week I had already received $9,800 just by smiling and walking around in a bikini.