Chapter Fourteen

I looked at his daughter who looked partically terrified. I didn't want to leave her alone but I didn't want to see her father either. She started looking around the waterground eagerly anticipating him to come. She turned to face me, staring at me. Her eyes became glossy as she placed her hands over them.

"Don't cry Blue. Your father didn't go far. He won't leave you, he probably went to the restroom or to get something for you to snack on." I said bending down to her level.

"How did you know my name?" She said removing her hands.

"I'm the girl wh-" I attempted to say before remembering I had my glasses on. "I'm the girl who helped your daddy's friend out that night and afterwards I saw you and your dad in your room whilst he read that Frozen book to you and then I saw you later on Sunday at the resturant." I said comforting her with a smile.

"I remember you. You're that pretty girl." She said feeling a little lighter. I smiled at her rubbing her damped back before wrapping one of the towels I got for Mia and MJ around her body.

"Yes. I am that pretty girl but my name is Beyoncé. You can call me Bey if you liked." I said securing the towel around her body before lifting her up and placing her on the bench next to me.

"Bey!" She said a little cheerfully.

"Yea and you're Blue. So your dad said to meet him here on this bench?" I asked.

"Yes mam'. I was on the water merry go round and I was suppose to stay for a little while. So he said he was going to get me food and that he'll be right back but I didn't see him and I started to miss him so I came to find him." She explained.

"He'll be here shortly. He talks about you none stop so I'm sure he'll be somewhere around here looking for you. So while we wait why not...um.....tell me about what you like to do." I said trying to occupy her mind until Mr. Carter came.

"I like going outside and running around. I like to read, my dad buys me alot of books and every day he read to me three of them. I like the color Blue like my name. Its my dad's favorite color. In our house, not the one here the other one where we stay alot, I made a room with everything Blue with him helping me." She spoke excitingly.

"Wow. You are a little firecracker I see. Do you have any friends?" I asked

"Yea, my bestfriend is Charolette. She goes to kidnergarden with me. We sit together and on weekends, my dad and her dad will take us to gymnastic. She's really good. We are tall alike too." She said.

I forgot all about looking for her father as I sat in amazement entertained by a 3 year oldnwho spoke so clearly and brilliantly.

"Wow, so you and Charolette are going to be to be future gymnists?" I asked.

"Uh...Um....I don't no. I like it alot because I have long legs like my dad and I'm good at it but he says he would want me to be a doctor or lawyer. But he said if I love gymnastics and want to do it when I am big big big then he won't stand in my way." She said smiling and swinging her legs as we spoke.

"Your dad won't stop you so thats a great thing. Did you ask him why he didn't want you doing it?" I asked.

"I don-..." She started to speak.

"Because I don't want her to break any bones in her strong smart body." I heard from behind us.

I turned around to see Mr. Carter standing behind us. Immediately Blue jumped up, kicking her feet as she held onto her dad's leg. I smiled at the sight of the daddy-daughter moment as I watched him bend down to hug her holding a plate in one hand and a water in the next.