Chapter Seventy Nine

The cool spring breeze brushed against my exposed skin as I turned and toss between the soft white French sheets. It has been three days since Carter and I arrived here. Although we were having a few disagreements about what to do with the island, I was still excited about our time alone.

I tossed a few more times before finally landing on my back and quickly flickering my eyes open. The most amazing thing about a private island in the Caribbean is that everywhere is so quiet and cool. Although the single townhouse Carter built for us on the island had all around central air, we never bothered using them. The breeze at night was literally heaven sent.

I turned to face Carter as I watched his bare chest moved up and down with light snoring coming from his lips. Even though I was the pregnant one, Carter did most of the sleeping. After staring at the ceiling for a few short minutes, I tipped-toe across the wall to wall carpet towards the arm chair and quickly grab Carter's shirt. Throwing his tee over my exposed body, I watched as it fell passed my knees. Quickly, I ran towards the bathroom to release my blatter.

After handling my business in the bathroom, I grabbed my cellphone from my handbag and headed towards the living room. My mother was still in the dark about my pregnancy and she was very well unaware about the status of Carter's and I relationship.

Although our relationship as mother and daughter is as solid as a rock, I know it would only hurt her to know that I made a few silly mistakes and telling her about Carter and I would only make her question where and how did we meet. Which, I am not yet ready to answer in all its truth. Sliding my finger across the screen, I saw that I had three missed calls from my mama. My heart immediately started to pound as I sat near the kitchen island. Hitting the redial button, I placed the phone to my ear waiting to hear her voice.

After the fourth ring, her smooth voice melted into my ears, "Well, is this my only daughter's number showing up on my phone screen? I almost thought you forgot about me." She answered as a smile creeped across my face.

"Hey Mama. I am so sorry to have you so worried about me. I didnt expect things to be like this." I said as hopped of the kitchen's chair and started walking around.

"Like what? You mean flying in a all white private jet with your billionaire boyfriend?" She replied with a smack to follow.

My feet stopped in its track as a shocked expression rolled acrossed my face. The line went quiet for a minute as I tried to gather my words.

"How did you find out mama?" I asked disappointed that I wasn't the one to tell her.

"News travel fast honey. Besides Sister Brenda just couldnt wait to tell me how her son who works for the private airline company saw you boarding the plane with the owner of Melia's Island." She countered. "So, whats going on? Why didn't you tell me sugar." She asked.

"Mama." I replied. "I-I was kind of embarassed." I said slowly.

"Whats there to be embarassed about? He is your boyfriend right? I mean like yall are in love and not some kind of sugar daddy foolishness?" She questioned.

"Yes he is my boyfriend mama; but he was, well he is my boss." I replied.

"Beyoncé." She sighed. "Does people know about this? What if they start finding out and talking?

"I don't really work in the open anymore. I get my regular pay and more but I only work when he is around or if he decides to dine in at the resturant." I informed her.

"Are you sure its okay?" She asked.

"Yes ma it is. Besides, he doesnt even want me working there anymore especially since I found out I am pregnant." I said decreasing my voice as I mumbled the last part.