Chapter Thirty Two

I sat besides Blue as she rest her head against my stomach. I started to think I got setup by a 3 years old. We were on the third book and she didn't show any signs of falling asleep.

"Clifford! Emily Elizabetha said as she screamed his name searching for him. He was in the dog house, hiding away from her because he didn't clean up his toys like he promised."

I read as we came down to the ending of the 3rd book.

"Another one!" She said excitingly.

I reached for the the fourth book called Alice in Wonderland. I started to open the book but stopped immediately as I heard the room door closed.

"Daddy!" Blue said moving from my chest!

"Hey, its after 1 in the morning. What are you doing up?" He asked placing a food platter on the table.

"I wanted milk but Maria isn't here, so I walk here to see you but Bey was here so I asked her to read to me so I could go back to sleep." She said.

"Well from the looks of it, she read about 3 books to you." He said walking over to the bed and pulling her out from her under arms. "So you should be asleep by now, but your not. So I'm guessing you tricked her so you could stay awake to play after she was done!'' He said tickling her.

"Noooo....." She whined. He looked at her squinting his eyes obviously knowing her better than she thought. "Okay I did." She finally said coming clean.

"Like I thought. Come get some milk then back to bed baby girl." He said moving towards the door.

"Wait! Let me kiss Bey good night!" She said.

"Ummm...sure." He said resting her down on the bed. She came crawling over to me, hopping on my lap as she wrapped her tiny arms around my neck.

"Night, Night!" She said kissing my cheeks.

"Good night Blue!" I said before she went into Mr. Carter's arms.

"Umm...Thats your food and your backpack you could eat while I put her to bed." He said softly. His tone and facial expression went a little dull as he spoke, turning towards the door and leaving.

I hopped out of bed watching my cellphone light up again. All through my reading with Blue its been ringing none stop. I took the food platter and rested it on the table near my phone while my bag sat at my feet. It was Kelly, again for the billionth time.

I unlocked my phone and realized she texted me. I opened the message taking a deep breath knowing that our friendship could possibly be over.

Beyonce. Monica and Mickey came by Xavier telling him everything. He knows where you work and he's tripping out. You need to stay away for a day or two so he can calm down. Jeremiah already told Diamond it too. So, her dog ass, already talking about letting your mama know. You need to tell her before shit goes from 0-100 quick.

I read her message and blew out a sigh of relief. I was happy that I still had someone in my corner. As for Xavier and I, things might never be the same. I messaged her back giving her a "Okay & Thank You" for the heads up. I had four months left and then graduation in May. I didn't want to hurt my mama, so whatever I needed to do to keep Diamond ass from talking I was willing to do it. Even if it required me faking to my mama that was she clean so she could move back in with us.

I took a deep breath, turned of my cellphone and starting eat the soup Mr. Carter bought for me. I put my feet up in the chair as I took out my books and started to study. The school year went by fast and so would my time before exams. I only had three days of exams so I would stay away until those days were over and then deal with Xavier.