Chapter Five

My heart sunk down my ass as I turned to see my boss, the owner of the company I worked at standing there. I took up my napkin quickly wiping the corners of my mouth and licking my lips before turning to completely face him.

"Good evening Mr. Carter sir." I said nervously.

"Good evening Beyonce. How are you?" He asked with a smile.

"I'm great and how are you? And who's this little sweetheart?" I asked.

"Um great." He replied smiling. "Beyonce this is my daughter Blue and Blue this is Beyonce." He said as his daughter extended her hands.

"Hi pretty girl." I said smiling at his daughter. "Um, Mr. Carter this is my mother Tina; mother this is Mr Carter. My boss." I introduced.

"Its a pleasure to meet you sir." My mother said standing up. 

"The pleasure is mines." He returned. "Um, I'll leave you two finish of your dinner and I'm going to proceed to mines." He said with a smile.

"Enjoy." I said kindly.

"I will." He said with a smirk.

I watched as him and his daughter walked hand and hand towards the table facing us. Once he was out of hearing range, my mother begin to talk again.

"He same very nice." She said.

"He is and nice at that too." I said.

"Well that's good.'' She said.

"Yea. I hope the food hurry up. I'm starving." I said changing the subject.

"It should soon be here baby." She replied as finished off the left over chicken wings.

I sat down with my mother patiently waiting for our food to arrive. From time to time I found myself staring at Mr. Carter. A few times he extended a wink when he caught me and other times a smirk. The moment was becoming awkward as my mother followed our eyes from time to time.

"Your food is serve!.'' Hilton said placing the plate in front of us.

"Finally!" 

"Would you like anything else?" He asked.

"No sir this will be all for now." I said as I dived right into it. For a moment I forgot all about my mother as I twisted and twirled the pasta with my fork and taking big chunks down in my mouth.

"How's the food mama?" I asked.

"Its good. Well prepared." She said taking a bite at her garlic bread.

"I told you." I said please at my choice of restaurant. After a while, my mother and I had completed eating. Leave almost nothing in the plate. Although this place was very expensive, it was worth it.

"Now that was amazing." I said signaling our hostess to come.

"Yes it was." My mother said mincing at her salad. "I'll step right out for a moment Bey." She said standing up. "Sir, where can I find the ladies room?" She asked.

"Around this building, first door to the right." He said pointing in the direction.

"Thank You and Excuse Me." She said before departing.

"Can I have the bill please?" I asked as I took out my debit card.

"Your bill has already been covered for this evening." He said shocked at my question.

"What? I didn't give you anything. Who would-" I said rambling on before looking ahead.

I spotted a small smile on Mr. Carter's face before turning towards the hostess.