Chapter Sixty Five

"Do you like concerts? Or is it a bit much for you since school is a little loaded?" Dr. Raymond asked as he held my back guiding me through the doors out of the OR.

"Ummmm...Yea actually. Depends though. I don't bother too much with the hiphop concerts because I've been called backstage by numerous rappers." I said disgusted.

"I can see why." He said smiling. "You're beautiful and if they get to go beyond that, then they'll establish that you're smart and very wise." He continued as we walked towards the hospital cafeteria.

"You too." I said blushing.

Its already been 3 weeks and 5 days since I started working the hospital. The work load grew heavier by the day and it has already started cutting down my personal time. I fought with myself alot of times to call Jay but ended up falling asleep right in the on-call- rooms.

"So, what would you like to eat now?" Dr. Raymond asked. "Its shortly after 10 so we got sometime to eat and catch up." He said as we reached the cafe.

"Umm. It might be late but I can use a chesse burger with fries & pizza." I said.

"Food lover?" He asked me.

"Yea. I eat alot too so it takes alot to feed me." I explained.

We continued making small talk as I walked besides him engaged in conversation and laughter. Dr. Raymond was quite the guy. He had amazing features and successes that were quite impressive. Besides, he was very easy on the eyes and from the amount of stink eyes I recieved from interns and nurses I already knew he was a lady's man.

"Hey Shantell." He said as we appoarched the cafetria counter.

"Hey Ray, how's it going?" A short slim girl replied. She was smiling from ear to ear as her long black pony tail fell around her shoulder.

"Everything is cool. Um, can I have two chesse burgers with fries? And some sliced apples and pears please?" He asked swiping his hospital card.

"Sure. Are these for you?" She asked bringing her eye brows together.

"Umm, one is for me and the other is for my friend Beyonce." He said stepping aside so she could get a better view of me.

"Oh." She replied with a nervous smile as she looked me up and down. "Almost didn't see you there." She said as she continued to study my face. "Um...Well, I'll have it out for you right now Dr." She spoke before turning around to the grill.

We walked over to the benches that were situated in the middle of the floor. I didn't know what it was with Dr. Ray and the women around here but I knew anyone too close to him was a problem.

"So how's the semester coming along so far?" He asked me.

"Good actually. Not as smooth as I expected but I know the end will be great.'' I replied taking my phone out of my white jacket and placing it on the table.

"Well thats good." He replied smiling at me before turning towards the cafe kitchen. "So, I've been meaning to ask you. Are you in a serious relationship?" He questionned.

I looked at him a little shocked as a nervous blush flushed across my face. I knew he was attracted to me but he already knew I was seeing someone.

"Umm....Yea." I replied. "We are actually thinking about marriage and family in this moment." I informed him.

"Oh, thats kind of soon. Don't you think?" He speculated.

"Well...Maybe but..." I began.

"Maybe thats not the best idea right now. I mean you are almost finish. You are young and intelligent. Plus you'll be around alot of men, who would be horny and hungry. Most of your time will be spent at work and that can cause temptation. You should....umm...think about." He said.