Chapter Four

I secured my towel around my wet body as I stepped onto my bedroom carpet. I closed the bathroom door enjoying the cool air condition that invaded my skin. I sat on my bench moisturizing my skin all over before proceeding to place on my new lingerie. I was excited to be wearing lace for the first time. I slipped on a matching nude lace thong and bra admiring the beautiful figure that reflected in the mirror. I sat down in front of my long wall mirror and started my hair. I swept a bang in front of my face covering my right eye while fixing a bun on top. Once I was done, I started working on my makeup going for a more naked-natural look.

After applying my make-up, I headed over to my closet. I decided to go all out since it would be my first time treating my mother to something so big. She deserved a lot more and because I had her so worried about me its the least I can do. I picked out a short beige colored skinned tight dress that came just above the knee. It was strapless and had major cleavage exposure. Although it would be a little racy, it was still chic and sexy.

I pulled it over my ass with a little struggle then made sure my breasts were secured tightly. I placed on my black pumps adding a little elegance to it. Since Mama didn't want to do NOBU, I decided on a little fancy restaurant name Luciano. 

My mama and I never got the chance to clear the air about my job so a high class fancy restaurant would be the perfect spot. I picked up my black clutch, tossing my money, cellphone, debit card, drivers license and makeup compact inside. I collected my keys, locked my room door then headed to my mama's room. Before I could knock on her door my mother swung it open. She was only 45 years old but with the help of hard work and positive energy, she'd managed to keep her youth well.

"You look amazing mama." I said fluffing her curls.

"Don't worry about how I look just lets get on our way. I wanna eat good today." She said locking her room door and heading downstairs.

"Diamond." My mother called as she approached her room.

"Yes." Diamond answered.

"Make sure them babies eat. I left some fried chicken and baked macaroni in the oven. I'll be back shortly." My mama said.

"So where are y'all going and why can't I come?" Diamond asked pissed stepping out of the room.

"You have kids. I can go as I please; my one daughter grown." Mama said.

''And I got no kids!" I said with a smile.

''Fuck you Beyonce.'' Diamond said walking into the kitchen.

''Watch your mouth Di." My mother said as we walked towards the front door.

"Night Di." I said closing the front door and locking it.

"Beyonce. Don't be trying to butter me up so I can accept whatever type of job you found to do that got you this car and have you not asking for help with tuition." My mother said getting the conversation going as I unlocked the door to my car allowing us both to go inside.

"Mama not already.' I dragged out.

''Always remember that whatever you do make sure it doesn't destroy your character. You can have all the riches in the world, but a good name is what matters." My mother said as I pulled out our driveway.

"Mama. What are you talking about. I will always protect my character and name above all. I told you to not worry." I said as I concentrated on the road. "What is it that you think I am doing?" I asked her.

"I don't no. Since you've been working at this job, you never told me anything about it. You come home late, show up in a new car, pay your own school fees, give my at least $500 a month. It would hurt me to no that my one daughter is doing anything out of character to make money when I am willing to work and slave for you to survive." She said passionately.