Chapter Forty Four

My fingers gripped the cold bottles of Ace of Spades as I stood near the bar frozen. Table 28. He was back. My stomach started to harvest butterflies as I crunched down in my heels. I looked at everyone's faces and it same to have been looking at me. My mind was crowded with thought as I felt my heart knock towards my chest. I couldn't face him. Not now.

"Beyonce are you okay?" I heard Phillp asked disturbing my thoughts.

"I think she's froze P, give her a second." Brain said taking the bottles from my numb fingers laughing.

How was I suppose to address and smile in the face of the man who was head of heels for me. Carter literally love me and everyone knew it but I was just too broken and refused to put him through this again.

"Come take a seat inside Beyonce." Phillp said turning me around as he guided my feet up the stairs. I didn't want to tell him, not this way and not right now. I was to ashame. I am a rape victim and at the hands of a boy he warned me about.

Phillp took me inside his office and I sat down in silence as my tears fell uncontrollably. I held my stomach as butterflies collected together and moved in groups. I could imagine Mr. Carter's face, his warm brown eyes and his huge smile. Everything was just perfect except his choice in the girl he thought he loved.

"Beyonce, here is some water." Phillp ssid returning as he sat the water on the table near me. I gripped the water trying to disturb the butterflies that flocked together. They were teasing me.

"You froze up back there Bey, whats the matter?" Phillp asked.

I took the cup from my mouth and swallowed, I took a gulp of air in and released it as I fumbled with the straps of my bikini.

"I can't see him like that." I said. "He is always loving and caring, you know." I said.

"Bey, Mr. Carter isn't here." He said laughing.

"What?" I answered just above my normal voice.

"Hahaha...Its just TyTy, Von and Emory. They wanted to see how you was. They're here for a while and will be checking out the cabana." Phillp said laughing.

I looked at him angrily as my stomach spread out releasing the tension.

"I wanna fuck you up right now!" I said squinting my eyes.

"Girl, you too funny. I guess that meant you didn't call Mr. Carter? Got that man talking and worrying about you still I see." Phillp said.

"I'll call him tonight!" I said stumbling to my feet.

"Yip. He heard that before." Phillp said.

"Heard? Do you tell him when I'm gonna call?" I asked shocked.

"Yip, and its been about 20 times now. Messing with a grown ass man's heart. Thats the problem. You done had too much young boys that a grown man scares you." Phillp said.

"Look I can handle him." I said raising my eye brows.

"Boo Boo...Its more than just a dick. I mean emotions, feelings, personality, character, ambition, drive, goals, wealth, status, dreams. Those are just a few traits of a grown ass man. Your little power rangers watching boys ain't no about all them things." Phillp said walking to his desk.

"I'm gonna call him." I said.

"Yip and your new home your mama wanted is already paid for if its any motivation you need." Phillp said as I took a sip of water choking on it.

"What? How did you know about the house?" I asked.

"Beyonce, that man knows you. Everyday I am told to call and see about you, so I call Adrian and Adrian calls Tina. Tina lets me know the deets without even knowing me. He is head over heels in love with you. Don't mess a good thing up. Now go serve TyTy.....don't freeze up out there." He said teasing me.