Chapter Seventy Two

"What about New York City?" He asked.

"Thats a very fast life. Only you can get used to that because thats where you grew up." I said. "How about LA?" I asked.

"Nah. To much rich and spoiled folks." He said screwing up his face.

"You mean like you?" I asked blushing

"Nope. I'm fortunate. There is a difference."

"If you say so." I replied.

Our conversation wasn't quite "relaxing" and "free" as yet. Jay decided that the long plane ride would be our way of discussing what have been happening since we last saw eachother, so it doesn't take away from our vacation time.

"Washington?" He asked.

"I've never thought about DC." I said.

We were discussing my decision to do my internship and residency somewhere else rather than back home. Ever since I brought it up, Jay wanted to know my decision because he insisted on us moving in together and possibly taking the relationship to a much higher level, like marriage.

"What if I choose a city thats not NYC or even similar to that lifestyle, would you come along?" I asked.

He took a long pause then nodded his head.

"So why NYC?" I asked starting to consider that maybe it wouldn't be wise to take him away from his comfort zone.

"Its better for both of us. I leave for business meetings all around the world for a week, then I always have to head back to NYC for weeks to sort out majority of my businesses because thats where the main stations are." He explained. "I didn't have any intentions of staying here not until we met thats why I am away so much. Because business operates from NYC but here is where you are." He explained.

"I'll think about it." I said seeing things from his point of view.

"Sure." He said looking at me between squinted eyes. He opened his mouth to say something but instead refused.

"What do you want to say?" I asked as he stood up to place Blue on the couch.

"Nothing. Why?" He said.

"You were about to say something Jay. What is it?" I asked.

"Why you keep giving me a hard time when I discuss us living together after you graduate?" He asked passing me a water and vitamin water.

''Unless we are married, you are not obligated to me. I don't want to leave this town, depending on you and then we don't work out. Or worst, your mean lawyer and whoever else tries to pull us apart." I answered honestly.

"Hmm. Okay." He said popping of the top of his beer bottle and taking it back before shifting his focus to the outside.

The space around us became silent as I sipped my drink through a straw. I caught quick glances at Jay who same to have completely spaced out from me.

I unbuckle my seatbelt before screwing the top on my drink. I stood up for a minute passing my hands over my all white outfit hoping it didn't get stained. I was waiting for Jay too look my way but it never came. So instead I took the honor of invading his space by removing his drink and find a place on his lap, which made him look at me again.

"Stop being miserable." I pouted as I pulled his nose.

"Did you hear what you told after I asked 'Why you keep giving me a hard time about the moving situation?" He questioned.

"Yea. I was being honest." I replied.

"Yea. Well that honesty was just a bunch of words of you saying, "I don't trust you enough to move in with you to a next city." He said completely distroted.