Chapter Seventy Seven

I fumble through the brown bag as I grabbed my salad and fried chicken out, placing them in front of me. I handed Carter his chicken wrap and ice tea as we sat facing the store Blue just entered. After giving Blue her instructions and talking to a store clerk, we sat besides eachother and start eating.

I wasted no time placing my salad dressing over my garden salad, that was loaded with onions, and dived in. Carter on the other hand was somewhere between keeping his eyes on Blue and trying to eat.

"Did you tell your mother about the pregnancy yet?" He asked wipping his mouth.

"No." I said hanging my head. Truth is, I didn't want anyone to know because this was bond to happen. I knew if I had told my mother, she wouldn't agree with me and eventually start throwing bible scriptures at me.

"You need to tell her Bey and your close friends." He said.

"I don't have close friends. Only those girls I worked with at Kane Beach, and you took that away from me." I said shifting my stare to him.

"You weren't fired, you just had to stop. You still get your pay sent to your account every week though." He replied.

"Yea. That doesn't even make any sense by the way, but I shall not complain." I continued as I munched down on my crispy chicken wing with a huge smile on my face. I slightly turned to Carter noticing his chicken wrap barely touched. I knew he had questions he wanted to asked but was looking for my approval to ask them.

"Ummm.." I mumbled placing my neatly clean chicken bone down and brushing my hands off on the napkin. "You're okay?" I asked placing my hands behind his neck gently.

"Yea. I'll be fine." He said pushing his lips up in a smile, that faded quickly.

"Is there anything that I can do to make you fine right now?" I asked moving my hands up and down the back of his hair.

"Don't worry about it, just make sure you tummy is full and you feel comfortable." He said turning to face me with a longer lasting smile.

"Okay." I said dropping my hand from his neck and grabbing the bottle of soda. He begin to munch at his wrap as I quickly finished my salad and 2nd bottle of Coca Cola. I planned to let the conversation we both needed, to wait until we arrive at his place. Although I could do without him knowing my true feelings, I knew I couldn't do without knowing his. So it would only be fair if we both lay it all out on the table before making any permanent decisions.

''Shawn!" A loud echoed sounded invading my train of concentration.

I looked around me to see where the sound was coming from, until a medium size, tall, mid-age woman came jogging in our directions with her hands out.

"OMG, how are you?" She said as she stepped closer. She wasn't completely unfortunate looking with her neck length black hair and tiny boobs. She was dressed in an all beige pant suit that fitted her body perfectly.

"Hey Mickey!" Carter greeted as he rose to his feet and welcomed her with a hug.

"I haven't seen you in months. How's it going?" She asked jolly. She didn't same like the stuck up type, but thats how all the women around Carter starts off, until he introduces me to them. Then, its all sharp gripped handshake, clenched jaws, narrow eyes and botox smiles.

"I'm good. Hey, this is Beyonce." He said moving from in front of her and giving her a clear view of me.

"Oh heaven's. How are you darling?" She said stepping away from Carter and reaching down to give me a hug. "I have heard so much about you baby girl." She said rubbing my back softly. "I am Michelle but the family calls me Mickey. I'm Shawn's extra pair of hands and Blue's aunty." She said admiring my face.