Chapter Eleven

The glowing glass dancefloor that sat above a huge pool was filled to capacity. It was shortly after 12 and everyone, wither drunk or not, was turnt up. I used this oppurtunity, along with the other waitress to collect the empty beer bottles, cigars and food trays; tidying up the place a bit. I tossed an apron over my swim set, a pair of gloves as I tried my best to make some of the areas a little more decent.

"Bey, I heard you got Mr. Carter again." Shanique said as she and I moved towards the garbage bin.

"Yea, him and his same crew." I said acting like it was no big deal.

"He sure likes you." She said.

"I don't no about that or either Phillip just gives me him because he knows I won't do much." I said trying to make light of the situation.

"Hmm...maybe but I saw something between you two." She stated making me nervous. "He same to admired you. It could be that he sees you as more than just one of us, it doesn't have to be about sex." She said as we moved back and forth.

"I don't no. I'm still young. Plenty of options are out there and they are much younger so whatever he sees he better not take it any further." I said

"So wait, you got a man?" She asked shocked.

"Yea, does that surprise you?" I asked.

"Ah...Kind of. You don't talk about much so its not like we would no anything.'' She said.

''I had a man before but that didn't end too well so I'm with someone new hoping we get somewhere.'' I said.

"Like marriage? At 22?" She asked.

"Not there as yet, but atleast a step towards it." I stated.

"Oh, well thats good. I found someone I liked too but I don't no yet. I'm waiting for him to make a move. So hopefully before next year we could start dating. I'm 24 I need a stable man." She said.

"Can't be mad at that." I said as I threw the finally garbage from table 17 away.

"Beyoncé! Can you report to the dance floor immediately please?" I heard announced over the DJ set causing me to freeze up.

"What?" I asked giggling as I saw Jermaine near the set holding a liquor bottle.

"Beyonce you know how Jermaine go with you." Khadisha said taking my apron and gloves off.

"This man ain't serious tho'." I said. Just as I was about to move to the dance floor I saw Mr. Carter and his crew move from out their cabana and stand in the wooden hallway. I guess they were eager to see what I could do and I was glad to show them how this dancehall queen got down.

I walked onto the dancefloor, taking of my heels and handing them to Jermaine's sister Alicia. Just as I made my way in the center, Jermaine joined me and immediately my soca jam "Lucy" started. It didn't take much to get me moving so I got right to work as the beat started viberating from the dance floor and into my bones.

Jermaine and I started whining and grinding causing the other guests to erupt in cheers as I placed my hands on my knees flicking my hair side to side moving my ass in circles. Jermaine was already in the groove so it was no surprise when I saw him spread his legs and started shaking down the floor chasing my ass. As the song ended I did a finally dip as I twerked up and down.

I walked away from Jermaine laughing as the other waitresses took a chance enjoying the entertainment. I walked back over to Khadisha who throw her hands up towards me giving my high five.

"Bad bitch!" She said. I took the towel from Shanique and wiped my face as I moved towards the bar. Just as I removed the towel and tossed it over my shoulder, I looked ahead at Mr. Carter and his friend Ty gazing at me.