Chapter Twenty Seven

I slipped on my white bikini pairing it with purple pumps. I added my purple and black eyeshadow and lipstick giving my appearance a little glow. The ladies had all already exited the room leaving me behind. Since it was my first day back, I had 20 minutes extra and those minutes were spent moping. I couldn't stomach to myself why do men cheat and why they do it to the most loyal, striving, hard working women? Who are just to willing to be their rock.

Eventhough it had only been a few weeks of Xavier and I, I already saw something more between us. I thought the incident on Monday night would eventually roll away but instead it came straight on down into Tuesday and now into Wednesday. I saw Xavier bigger than he probably saw himself. I listened to more of his dreams, plans and desires than I do my own and yet all that still wasn't enough.

I gathered myself together as I fixed my hair allowing one of my eyes to be covered by my long thick bang. I placed my robe on before grabbing my documents to take to Phillp. I needed to manage as much tables as possible tonight because I needed to keep occupied.

I walked out the back and down the ramp that led to the end of the rows of cabanas. I check the last cabana that was completely for VIPs only. I saw the metal sign saying "reserved" on the table but no Mr. Carter. I guess he was running late. Although I was eager to see, I didn't want to get my hopes too high. Its been about a month since we've seen eachother. I did waited a few times on his call but that never came which made me feel like it was fate between Xavier and I.

I walked down the line of cabanas waving at a few regular guests as I made my way towards the bar. I walked to the counter drumming my hands on the table to get Brain's attention. As soon as he turned around he jumped out of his apron and came around to see.

"BEYONCE!!!! I missed you so much!" He said hugging and kissing me.

"I missed you too honey. How you been?" I asked taking the cabana chart paper to see which ones I were assigned to.

"Everythings good honey. Hows things going? How's school?" He asked as he poured 10 cups of tequila shots.

"Great actually." I said realizing I had two other cabanas besides Mr. Carter. I looked around the bar noticing none of the other workers around so I headed towards Brian. "Brian?" I asked.

"Yea baby girl." He said as he continued pouring.

"Let me ask you this. If your friend heard anything about you or your relationship would want them to tell you?" I asked.

"Hell yeah. I wouldn't want to be looking like a fool whilst others were laughing at me." He said.

Thats probably what I looked like to Trish them. A fool in love with a man who's in lust or "in fuck" over other women.

"Okay. So can you tell me whats been said about me?" I asked.

He looked at me with a disappointed face as he placed his bottle down.

"Bey, you're a smart girl. I think you know exactly whats been going on." He said. "This town is way too small for you not to know. You know. Just how you followed your gut to fall in love, follow it now to sort out your relationship problems." He said kissing my forehead. "Now, go out there get them drinks going, get the tips coming before Mr. Carter comes and take you away." He said with a smile.

I walked over to the cabanas on the other end looking to see if I had spotted either on of Diamond those. I was about to sigh in relief but walked past one of the cabanas heading to my assigned cabana. Trent, George, Derry and a few other boys laid out as Diamond bounced up and down on Derry puffing a smoke. I shook my head at the sight as I thought about Xavier ever fallen for someone like that. I entered the cabana I was required to work and was welcomed by new faces. I took a deep breath shaking my head as I got my engine started for a night of fun.