Chapter Sixty Four

I sat with my back towards the deli window as I held the orange juice bottle between my hands. I looked around impatiently as I waited for Adrian to arrive. I had been going back and forth in my mind trying to figure out if helping Adrian was the right thing. He and I both had different intentions. He wanted to bring the Towers down so he could secure for himself a million dollar deal. But I was more interested in exposing who they were to Mrs. Towers and the people who've been affected by their sick and twisted lies.

I already knew I was putting myself out there to be challenge by coming after a family with money but I wanted revenge. Revenge for me, Taj and all the other victims who were involved in all of this by default.

"Hey." Adrian said taking of his jacket and sitting across from me. "You o'right?" He asked.

"Yea, I am good." I said gazing through the window as I took another sip of my drink.

"So what's the deal?" He asked leaning across the table.

I looked at him as my mind started to decide wither it was a good idea to go forth with it or not. I was done with the Towers and God knows I wanted to get them out my system. However, I wanted my revenge even if it meant taking me to my grave.

"Look." I started. "I am agreeing to do this with you out of hurt. I am emotionally upset and I want revenge. You dont want the Towers to get that contract and I just want to see them suffer." I said.

"I understand Bey. Look, you don't need to be apart of this to be honest. I just want you to be a witness and if you possible have a bombshell that could blow the roof of this; then thats even better." He said.

"Okay. So what do we do first?" I asked.

"Lets started with Shericka." He said.

"Why her?" I asked.

"Because she is the center of this puzzle. She has been messing around with both Mr.Towers and Derry. I am sure some connection is within that." He said.

"Okay." I agreed.

Adrian and I sat around for 2 hours discussing the information he found out about Mr. Towers. The whole topic about that family was draining and I was trying to keep a steady mind. The whole situation made me think about Mrs. Towers. Eventhough persons assumed she probably knew something about the whole love triangle, I begged to differ. I know love can make someone crazy but I didn't think she would let love cause her to live an uncomfortable sick and shorter life.

After I finished up with Adrian, I purchase myself a chicken burger and headed to my car. I started my engine, turning on the a/c as I thought about my next move. Jay was away and I didn't have school until Monday. I placed on my seatbelt as my mind rambled back to the other night at Kane Beach when I saw Kelly. I was trying my best to drain Kelly from my mind and memory but it wasn't going away.

I rest my hands on the steering wheel as tears started to drain down my face. I was full of emotions and at some point, I felt lonely. Thinking about Kelly made me want to holler because she was my best friend. She was like a sister to me and the feeling of betrayal from her was weighing heavy on me.

I never can bring myself to understand human nature. It was just fucked up. All the bad things happens to the good people. Yet, the bad people recieve all the blessings. I had good intentions and an even greater heart, yet I always ended up crashed or hurt when it came to relationships.

I took the sleeve of my shirt and dried my eyes. I was tired of everything lately and crying was one of them. Kelly cut me deep and I was trying to get over it one day at a time. Eventhough she and I wouldn't be able to have a friendship ever again, I still wanted closure. Most importantly, I wanted to know why.