Chapter Forty Six

I blinked my eyes twice before staring past Carter. Everyone was smirking and walking past us but why? I took in a deep breath and let it out as I moved my eyes towards Carter again. He was still smiling but this time he came closer.

"How long are we gonna be standing like this?" He asked surveying the many faces around us.

"I-I don't know." I replied looking at his body head to toe. He was like a god. His presence, the feel of power that surrounded him made me shiver as I glance across his face.

"Hmm....So, how you been?" He asked as I felt his cold, champagne scent breath cross my forehead.

"Okay. What about you?" I asked softly as I tilted my head up making our lips seconds apart from eachother.

"Better now that I can see and hear from you." He said.

"Yea...." I responded as pass byers study our position.

"I like your new hair color." He said.

''Thanks." I replied quickly.

We stood there in a few minutes of silence as I looked around the piercing eyes. I didn't want people to think of me as a whore for screwing her boss.

"Beyonce, either you talk or I am gonna make things difficult for you." He said with slight chuckle.

"Ahh....Um-" I started to say before he brushed his lips against mines pulling me closer to him with my back.

The minute our lips touched I begin to hear whispers. I knew this would not only be a problem for the company but the workers also. He finally released me as I hung my head in embarrassment brushing my fingers against my lips. The taste of AOS on his lips sent tingles down my spine as I lift my head to see other workers looking to eachother then me. I spotted Shanique and Brain smiling as they air clapped in celebration. I looked at Carter who's arms were still on my back holding me in position.

"I can't believe you did that." I mumble out through a smile.

"You never had a man that made you believe much." He said planting a kiss on my shoulder.

"Carter people are watching!" I said into his ears.

"So what. You made me do it." He said smiling into my neck. We stood like this for a quick minute as I put my arms around his neck. I missed him and seeing him only made me realize how much of a fantasy my life becomes everytime I'm around him.

"The penthouse is avaliable and Blue is asleep." A voice besides us said causing our bodies to pull apart. It was Brain.

"I still have work." I said shyly.

"Hahaha... You don't work as long as I am here." Carter said with a chuckle.

"Or right then. I'll swipe Beyonce out and take her things from the locker and upstairs." Brain suggested.

"Good. Cover Table 28's bill with my credit card." Carter said handing Phillp a gold card.

"Yes sir." Phillp said smiling.

Before I could refute the decision, Carter was already moving me backwards into the lobby, as I stared in his eyes.

"You know how to make a scene don't you?" I said to him.

"You know how to catch an eye. Do you know that!" He said kissing my cheeks.

"Just yours it sames." I replied as he turned me around placing my back to his front.

"So how was your time without me?" He asked as we headed to his private elevator.

"Ummm...Boring!" I lied.

"It couldn't be....I hardly hear from you." He said

"I was to shy to call." I admitted.

''Hmmmm. How's your boy?" He asked.

"We are no more. It ended like 2 days after you left." I said as I lowered my head.

"Yea?" He asked kissing my neck. ''Why was that?" He asked as we entered the elevator and the door shut.

I stared at him wondering if telling him now was the right time. I was never good at timing and my secrets always caught up with me but I just wanted to enjoy Carter. In due time he'll know. Just not now.

"In due time you'll find out like everyone else." I said looking at him over my shoulder.

"So tell me this, What are we now?" He asked.

I paused as I looked straight ahead staring at him through the elevator glass. I felt like crap now. I took so long to end a relationship that was slowly spreading toxic in my life. Now I felt way to useless and unworthy to end up being loved by someone who is willing to love me from the moon and back. The more I stayed in a place with Xavier, the more I hurted myself, the more I hurt the man that wanted to be right by my side. From the start I already knew Carter wasn't one for minor love games. He was straighforward, sufficient and effective but I was too foolish to understand that.

So what are we? I had no idea, but a man was what I wanted but time to heal is what I needed.

"I don't know. I don't wanna rush things but I don't wanna keep you waiting while I'm tagging along without assurance." I said softly.

He let me go and stood back to the railing as I stood lonely in the middle of the elevator. I turned to face him eager to hear his response. I didn't want to lose him, but I didnt want another heart shattering relationship. I knew who I was in this relationship; he didn't and even though he wasn't pushing the issue to get me to talk I knew he knows. Carter, always know.
He looked at me with his huge brown eyes as he crossed his feet. He unfolded his arms and gripped the railing from the front.

"I'll give you time." He said lifting his head. "But you can't be with no one but me just like I haven't been with anyone but you. You can take your time to heal, I'll wait but don't mess with my love and my emotions because I won't do it to you. We aren't a couple, but we are together." He said walking towards me, tilting my head back with his forehead before trailing his mouth down my neck, sucking on my soft spot.

"Ahhh....I can deal with that!" I moaned softly as I felt his pearlly white teeth grip me skin.

"Good." He said.

The elevator door finally opened and he took my hands. We walked closely, hand in hand towards his penthouse. Before we could reach to the door, Carter pulled me to the front of him gripping my waist.

"Its Shawn or Jay to you." He said bitting the top of my ears. "I am more than your boss. That should mean something." He said as I turned to look at him shyly as we walked into the penthouse.

"Thanks Jay." I replied with a shy smile.

We entered into his penthouse and I immediately rushed to the shower. Beside the fact that I was sweating from nervousness, I still felt like Xavier was on my skin. I love Jay and that won't change, but it was a hard time seeing us make love without images of me being fucked unconscious flashing through my mind. The thought of it all made me shiver as I stared at my feet in the shower. I let the hot water exude my skin, as I tried to gain a stable composure. I wanted to tell Jay but now just wasn't the time.

I finished up in the bathroom and quickly changed into the new clothes that he bought me from a while back. I slipped on the lace panties, excluding the bra as I pulled one of his large shirts over my body.

I brushed my teeth rinising with mouth wash then pulling my hair into a ponytail. I double checked myself before walking into the room and enjoying Shawn.