Chapter Thirty Eight

"Bey you sure you gonna be okay?" Brain asked as I entered the driver's seat.

"Yea, I'll be fine!" I responded.

"Bey I mean Mr. Carter left you the entire penthouse for yourself. You should just come stay there rest and then start what you got to do later." Shanique pleaded.

"I'll be fine. See you to work on Monday." I said as I buckled my seat belt.

"Or right, call or text us to let us know you okay baby girl. Love you and be safe." Brian said.

"I will see you later!" I replied as I back out the parking lot and headed over the bridge.

I pulled my backpack to the front seat of the car pulling my cellphone out. I check to make sure my money was still in my glove department because I was about to make myself happy. I wasn't too sure where I should go but I knew not at Mr. Carter's penthouse. After going through all of this with Xavier, leaning on another person is the last thing I wanted to do. I was thinking about heading to my mother's place but decided against it. I didn't want to piss her off and I wasn't into getting in a fight with Diamond.

I drove over the bridge as I thought about everything that has transpired within less than 48 hours. Xavier really hurt me and I didn't no how bad it stung until I did what I did to him. Eventhough he treated me like dirt because he was an asshole, I have to take full responbility for it too, Carter warned me. I still believe a man would only treat you the way you allow him too and thats what Xavier did. I had my assumptions about him and sometimes the proof was right in my face. I still ignored. I know he knew it too thats why he didn't bother crawling back to me to fix things.

Mr. Carter was right after all. The more I stayed and allowed myself to be hurt by Xavier, it will come a time when he breaks me so far down that anything good in my life I wouldn't see. Carter was a great man; that I know. But being raped, abused, cheated on and pending a HIV result; I knew within myself that Carter didn't deserve that at all in a woman. No matter how much he loved her. He was a good man, he was a father and a well of man. Who was to grown to deal with teenage shit like mines. Even if he wanted to help, I wouldn't forgive myself for allowing him to suffer like this and wait around until I could recover.

I drove towards the 24 hour wal-mart not too far from Xavier's place. I ran inside quickly hoping no one would notice my face. I gathered a few personal items for myself for these few days that I knew would be needed. I quickly cashed up my things and headed back to my car. I sat in the car seat as I decided which move I should take. I had clothes to last me for a few weeks but I needed somewhere to lay my head. I looked at the envelope of money I had in my hands and thought to myself about a condo.

I was fully grown and had a good bit of money to by a condo for myself. But mama had a perfectly good home. I didn't want my mama worried and I didn't want to be under the same roof as Diamond's ass. But I needed a place to be comfortable and heal.

I looked at my car clock and realized it was after 2am. I couldn't buy a condo now but I needed to sleep. I thought about places close to here and the Royal La Bellé Hotel came to my mind. I just needed to stay there for a few days and then look around for a few places on sale.

I started my car engine and headed towards the hotel. I was still curious about how Xavier was doing. Even though I beat him out of anger I didn't want him dead; atleast not forever. I approached Xavier's corner slowing down and turned so I could see whats been happening. I approached his place seeing Trent and Jeremiah standing outside.

I watched as Xavier came out the parking garage with a bandage on his side and a few band aids across his face. His condition was moving to the eyes but sweet laughter to my heart. If after a few kicks to his side and he looked like he had suffered from a bad accident; I wondered what they did to his dick as I smiled in satisfaction.