Chapter Seventy Six

"I want a little sister." Blue noted as she combed the hair of her little doll baby. "What will we name her? But if its a boy, then its all up to daddy!" She pouted.

I glanced at her with a smile before turning my head out the window. Since we hopped in the car, I haven't said a word; instead I allowed my thoughts to consume me. As for Jay, his eyes were glued to the street as he occasionally shifted his stare to me whenever the car stopped at the traffic light.

It was shortly after 11 and we were headed back into city. Jay decided to move the appointment up since I hadn't bother checking with a doctor once I knew I was pregnant. I was cooed up in my own world as I replayed the last words Jay uttered to me. This whole time, I was being selfish, not realizing that my thoughts on aborting this baby would probably tear Jay to pieces. Although he samed completely fine and past the whole situation, I knew otherwise.

Right now I was putting him 5 years back to when Blue's mother was pregnant with her. I wanted to help him overcome his doubts, like he had helped me, but lately, because of my selfishness, I think I've hurt him much more than anyone could've.

"You wanna get a fruit salad before seeing the doctor?" Carters' voice echoed in my ears intruding my thoughts.

"No, I'll be fine." I said starring out the window at the shops and people as we headed for the doctor.

"Bey Bey, you have to feed my little sister." Blue said from behind.

"She ate this morning already baby girl." I said with a smile as I turned to look at her.

"Maybe she's hungry again." She said trying to convince me.

"Maybe, but after the check up." I said shifting back into my position.

"How was your eating habits before you found out you were pregnant?" Carter asked.

"Regular, I guessed. I mean, I started eating salads and taken alot of vitamins because school was become a lot and then the pre-interneship was a bit much." I answered.

"You gotta leave the early internship alone Bey." Carter said concerned. "You're gonna get in no matter what, but working while in your last semester of college and now being pregnant is alot to manage." He said.

"I could handle it, its not so bad." I said.

"Bey, you can work shortly after you already have the baby. I'll push all my meetings and conference into the 8th month of your pregnancy so I'll be there all through the finally stage and then afterwards fulltime." He said.

"I'm not gonna let you make that huge sacrifice Jay. Besides, soon, as of next April, I will be in the hospital for our practical session of Anatomy, so its soon here." I said trying to convince him. "I promise I won't put too much pressure on myself." I agreed.

"For now, its agreeable. Lets just see what the doctor says." He replied as we drove into a secure parking lot. Throwing the car in park, Jay came around opened my door then assisted Blue who was alot more excited than I was.

I took my handbag into my hands as I adjusted my outfit, brushing my hands down my skirt. Taking Blue in his arms, Carter escorted us towards the elevator and up to the first floor. The elevator stopped after a few short seconds, revealing a blue, white and gray medical center. I stepped out, followed by Jay, who led Blue and I to the row of chairs in the waiting area. I struggled to make myself comfortable as Carter walked over to the receptionist.

"Do you love kids Bey Bey?" Blue asked with doll dangling in her hands.

I looked at her for a minute kind of puzzled by the question.