Chapter 18 - (what should i call this chapter?)

Start from the beginning

I listened really carefully to everything little thing that I drifted off to sleep without realising, yet my ears were still alert like an alpha wolf in its pack.

Once  again Zach and Tony ended up finding me and brought me back to Daniel.

‘You’re one tough cookie, Remiah Shantello.’ Tony chuckles, ‘you’re never gonna stop trying are you?’

I don’t answer, I didn't talk for the whole time they walked me to Daniel. I didn’t even try to put up a fight. Zach held my arms while Tony guarded next to us.

We find Daniel sleeping under a tree, with a hat covering his face, obviously not wanting to be disturbed.

‘Oy! Daniel, wake up. We found ‘er,’ Tony says with a smirk on his face.

‘Daniel!?’ Zach screams nudging his arms softly with his foot, now only holding onto one of my biceps. He still doesn’t wake up.

‘Ugh, let’s get this over ‘n done with,’ I sigh, and without even thinking I kicked him right in the ribs maybe a little too hard unintentionally.

As soon as I did that Zach pushes me down to my knees holding onto my neck one knee on my back with my face so close to the ground . It really got my heart racing all in that split second. I was even scared to breathe and I hadn’t had the time to think about putting my hands in front of my face to stop the drop.

I hear Daniel groaning a bit then sit up, not even bothering to tell Zach to let me go.

‘Jeez, Remiah, how could you do that to me? I thought we had an understanding,’ he says trying to sound hurt now standing up as if it was nothing and looking down at me. ‘I thought you knew better?’ he utters waiting for me to answer.

‘Not talking are we? Whys that?’

Zach doesn’t put as much pressure as before but is still holding me down.

‘Remiah Shantello … what ever shall we do without ya?’ Daniel chuckles. Zach lets me go and lets Daniel pull me up to my feet, I look away from him and deep into the forest.

‘Ooh, someone’s made you angry. Zach? Tony?’ he asks looking at them both shaking their heads.

He sighs letting me go and giving me to Zach again, like I was a piece of rubbish.

‘Well, since there’s still daylight how ‘bout we start walking again ‘ey?’

And with that we were walking again; Zach holding my arm, Tony guarding and Daniel just wandering in front like a curious deer.

After a while, I got so tired and hungry, that my legs started to wobble and I could barely even walk, but I kept going Zach holding up some of my weight.

‘Daniel, I don’t think she’s feeling very well.’ Zach says worriedly, ‘I think we should stop for a bit.’

Daniel stops and turns around, contemplates me for a while. ‘She’ll live,’ he says simply then starts walking again, ‘we’ll stop later before the sun sets.’

‘Do you want me to carry you?’ Zach whispers after a while. I nodded and kept my eyes averted too ashamed, but very thankful.

He lets my arm go and carry’s me “princess style” as I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head against his body. He was pretty strong considering he was only a couple of years older than me and being so close to him I realised he had a pretty strong figure as well.

They kept walking even past sunset, Daniel just kept on walking and I started to feel sorry for Zach, but I couldn’t walk I was too weak and I ended up falling asleep on him.