[33]

33- Riley:

Riley grimaced as she heard one of the numerous yells coming from the upper floor. "I-is that Zayn?" Daniel asked quietly, and she didn't answer. She felt so damn guilty for not going against Butch, but he'd kill her without a second thought. She'd seen his different torture lessons, not caring at all. Then what was it with Zayn? Riley took a deep breath. Okay so he might remind her of Toby at some times, with the raven black hair and the tan skin. He'd surf on the Australian coasts on weekends and she would grumble about not wanting to join him but he'd still pull her into the water. Riley blinked her tears away, her heart aching to see her brother again. After he'd died from brain tumor, Tom had taken her under his wing. He finally acted like they were related in some way and helped her, along with the rest of her family. She'd never known her parents, and grew up under her guardian, aunt Liv.

The most horrible scream sounded through the air, sand Riley's heart felt like lead. Butch walked out of the elevator minutes later, an eyebrow raised. "Nice job, no one came." He walked over to the sink and began to wash his hands. Riley looked away. Daniel clutched her leg tightly, his wide eyes as he looked at Butch.
"I'm going to go check up on him," she muttered and Butch nodded. "Wash his back, clean him up. I'll bring some food."
"What about the kid?" Riley asked. She wasn't going to show him such a gruesome sight. Her heart clenched as she thought about the damage.
"What about him? Take him with you." Butch shrugged, and Riley glared at him. "He's a kid, Butch."
"Fine, I'll take him with me but warn him to not to try anything."
Daniel's eyes widened and Riley wasn't sure which one was worse. Gruesome sight or psycho man who caused the gruesome sight?

"Okay." She swallowed as she gently shoved Daniel towards him. "Just don't hurt him. And Daniel?"
Daniel looked up. The poor kid was almost shaking. He shook his head at her, his big blue eyes wide and scared.What could she do, she didn't have any choice. "Behave." She tried to put pressure in her words. As long as he didn't do anything stupid, Butch would be cool against him.
Butch grabbed his wrist and Riley tossed him his hat as they left the motel. She bit her lip as she turned around and grabbed a few first aid bags before taking the elevator up to the fifth floor.
She found the room without the windows and noticed that the door was already open. Walking inside, a soft gasp left her mouth as her eyes landed on Zayn's back. He had passed out on the floor, his back glistening with blood and sweat. What had probably been a healthy back was now covered in blood. There were multiple lashes, but nothing too deep. Just too many.

His blood covered back was like raw grazed meat, making Riley gag. She walked over to him and decided that the first thing she'd have to do was wipe off all the blood. Hoping that he would stay unconscious, she stepped into the bathroom and held out a huge white towel under lukewarm water. She bit her lip as she wiped his sides first, careful not to touch the open wounds. But as soon as she cleaned the blood near one, Zayn's hand twitched and he moaned in pain.
Riley decided it was better to get it over with and she cleaned up his entire back quickly making Zayn's eyes shoot open. He hissed and she pushed his sweaty and clammy hair away from his face that was glistening with sweat. His chapped lips were torn open and there was spit on the floor. Zayn's hands curled into fists as he tried to contain the pain in his back and Riley felt bad for him. She tried to push him down and calm him but he wouldn't stop moving. "It fucking hurts," he said through gritted teeth, his back arching upwards. Riley pushed him down again, trying to think of something that would calm him down. Butch wouldn't be here before long.

She would have to clean his back properly and that would hurt a lot. She didn't even have a way to give him strong enough painkillers. Pulling her phone out she quickly shot a text to Butch telling him to get the right things.
"Riley?" he croaked, and Riley nodded. "Yeah, it's me." She stood up and poured him a glass of water. Kneeling down beside him again, she brought the glass to his lips and he lifted his head, gulping down the liquid quickly. He let out a satisfied breath, resting his head on the ground again. He had stopped complaining but Riley knew he was trying to hold himself, his nails digging into the carpet and his teeth gritted together as sweat gathered on his forehead. Her phone binged and she glanced down at the screen.