[115]

115- Zayn

^ Daniel ^

^ Daniel ^

Zayn stumbled through the front door tiredly, and he felt Niall place a hand on his back in support. He thanked him quietly and kicked off his shoes. He'd almost fallen asleep back there, and his eyelids were heavy. He hung his jacket and walked over the foyer. Everyone was sitting just as they had left them, and Trisha looked up worriedly as they entered. Her worry ceased slightly and she stood up, pulling Zayn in a hug. Zayn was surprised at first, considering the boys must have told her he'd just gone for a walk, but he accepted the hug nonetheless. It was soothing, and the fact that it soothed him was slightly surprising.

"It's starting to get late," Harry said with a yawn, standing up to stretch. Liam nodded in agreement and pushed himself up too. Harry glanced at Trisha as she pulled back from Zayn. "You should head to bed as well."

Trisha nodded, smiling slightly at Harry. She looked back at Zayn, tucking his hair behind his ear. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Zayn lied, but sometimes you had to lie to keep your loved ones from worrying too much. "I'm better."

She didn't believe him, he could tell. And therefore, he let out a sigh and squeezed her shoulders. "I will be better, don't worry. I'm tired and thinking about heading to bed as well." He turned to the boys, moistening his lips, his pride starting to get in the way. "I uh, wondered-" He paused, trying to form the correct words. They were all staring at him expectantly, soft looks on their faces. Oh fuck it. "I wondered if someone wanted to join me, just for you know-" the feeling of safety, the fact that I don't want to be left alone right now, because-

"Of course," Louis said easily, pushing himself up from the armchair. "I'll join you."

Zayn nodded thankfully and bid everyone goodnight. Liam pulled him in a hug, rubbing his back. Zayn buried his face in the boy's shoulder, inhaling the scent of vanilla and cologne. "Night."

"Night, Zee," Liam said, pulling back. He smiled slightly. "We'll celebrate when the bastard's in jail."

Zayn chuckled slightly at that, though there was no humor in his laugh. "When it happens, I will definitely party hard."

"You should," Harry said, pulling him in a hug as well. "Let loose a little. That is, if Trisha doesn't mind?" He pulled back and looked back at her. She smiled. "You're grown men now. But yes, it's definitely okay. Would be good for you, Zayn," she said gently, and Zayn knew she was worried about his health. He sighed internally, wondering how people always ended up getting dragged into the boat with him.

Louis clapped Zayn on the back. "I need to get my beauty sleep, so don't take long."

Zayn rolled his eyes and bid everyone goodnight again, heading up the stairs.

>>>> >>>>>

It was hard getting out of bed the next day, much less the house. The night had seemed infinite, and though Zayn had zoned in and out of sleep, dreams making it hard for him to really get any proper sleep, luckily nothing was too bad. The dreams had been bearable. Zayn was silent ever since he woke up, and he could feel the pair of eyes on him, watching his every move. At the breakfast table, the girls noticed the tension, and though everyone tried to get him to eat something, Zayn refused. He wasn't hungry, nor did he feel like shoving anything down his throat. They took two cars to the courthouse, and as soon as Zayn stepped out, flashes went on in his face. Annoyance flared in him, but he kept it at bay as he pushed past the hundreds of reporters, all asking different questions.