[68]

68- Harry
Dedicated to: @linnkatma_ziam (for voting lots, and basically making my day 😊 Thanks!)

It was late, but Harry couldn't sleep. He blamed the strong coffee he drank earlier today, or maybe it was the Burn. Either way, he was wide awake and since he didn't want to move despite how awake he was, he settled for reading a book. They'd divided the days on who was going to stay with Zayn at night. Today was Harry and Niall's day, and Harry glanced at the blonde mop of hair peeking out from under the massive blanket on the couch. The irish lad was fast asleep, and he admired his power to be able to sleep at command. He returned his gaze to the book he was reading. A sappy novel about two people in a collage in Paris, auditioning for the same play. Right now, the girl was excited that she got the lead female role since the boy got the lead male role. Typical. Harry sighed and put the book down, turning to look at Zayn. He had fallen asleep after the checkup and the usual clean of bandages. Liam had helped him to the bathroom and later he'd crashed in bed, falling asleep almost immediately. Harry expected him to wake up since he'd been sleeping for so many hours. Looks like stressing over things and a bullet to the leg took more energy to restore.

Without even knowing, Harry's eyes began to droop. He was in deep thought, contemplating why raspberry jam was better than blueberry, when he felt himself slide into a deep and warm slumber. It didn't stay as deep and warm half an hour later when cold water fell on his legs, which were resting on the edge of Zayn's bed. Harry's eyes flew open, and he frowned upon noticing the spilled water on his pj's and the glass in his lap.

"Sorry," Zayn mumbled sheepishly, hair disheveled and eyes groggy. Harry shook his head, trying to keep his annoyance at check. "It's okay. Happens."

He yawned before sighing and lifting himself off the armchair. The oh so warm armchair. He accidentally stepped on his book which had probably fallen to the floor while he dozed off. After changing into Niall's sweatpants, Harry cleaned the mess on the floor and poured Zayn a glass of water, all annoyance gone. "Nightmare?"

Zayn accepted the glass with a small thanks. "No."

Harry nodded, sitting back down. "Are you hungry?"

Zayn shrugged.

Harry arched an eyebrow and Zayn sighed. "Ok, yes. But don't do anything, I'll eat in the morning."

Harry glanced at the clock. 4:57. "Wanna eat the hospital breakfast?"

Zayn grimaced. "Nah, I'm good."

Harry chuckled. "Don't worry, it won't be the sandwhiches."

"They taste like medicine," Zayn complained, shaking his head in disappointment.

"What about a baguette then? I'll ask your mum to bring some pancakes. She'll be here by 9."

Zayn nodded, smiling. "Thanks."

Harry was glad his mood had gotten better. Looks like a goodnight's sleep did help. He left the room and brought some toast back upstairs, walking through the hallways almost alone like a ghost in sweatpants. When he walked back into the room, Zayn was sitting on the edge of his bed, looking down at his leg. Harry placed the tray on the overbed table, throwing a glance at him. "What's wrong?"

Zayn looked up, shaking his head. "It feels weird. Like it's grown heavier." he placed a tentative hand on his thigh. "My whole leg actually."

"It's getting better," Harry reassured, smiling tiredly. Zayn noticed and frowned. "Sorry for waking you up, by the way. You can go home and sleep."

Harry shook his head, plopping down on the armchair. Luckily, it was dry though all the warmth had gone. "No, Niall and I are on Zayn duty."

Zayn smiled slightly, hands lifting his leg up over the bed as he snuggled under the covers. Harry noticed him look away as he tried to hide a grimace. He quietly watched as Zayn began to eat, lost in his own thoughts. It wasn't long before his eyes drooped and he succumbed into slumber.