[30]

30- Zayn:

Zayn pressed his nose to the cold window, watching dully as the city passed by. His cheeks were wet from tears and he felt like banging his head on the wall, or punch it. He felt Riley squeeze his shoulder in what? Reassurance?
Zayn wiped his tears, biting his lip harshly.
"I fucking swear if you don't stop moping, I'll make Riley knock you out." Butch said, the car swerving to the left before swerving back to the right. Apparently Tom was behind them, but Zayn didn't care. He was too deep into his own thoughts. Zayn slumped lower in his seat, wiping his tears and clenching his fists. He felt Riley staring at him and he whipped his head toward her. "What!?"
Riley sighed and shook her head. She pulled out her phone and Zayn huffed, turning his head away.
It was exactly like his dreams last year. The gunshot, Harry kneeling on the ground. Oh my god. Fresh tears fell down Zayn's cheeks and a sob escaped his lips, he couldn't do this anymore. He couldn't get them in trouble. He imagined if the boys had brought his mum along, and his eyes widened, anger and relief washing over him.

"Riley." Butch warned as Zayn buried his face in the leather of the seat and a muffle sob escaped. Riley sighed. "I know, I know. I got this."
Zayn expected her to give him a glare, or squeeze his shoulder again in fake reassurance. Instead she grabbed his hand and pulled him towards her, enveloping him in a hug. Zayn rolled his eyes. So this was her way of shutting him up for Butch. Awesome.
She pulled away and looked him right in the eye, making Zayn frown. "It will be okay. He'll let you go, just hold out." she whispered in such a low voice that Zayn had to strain in to get her. He rolled his eyes again and she sighed. She sat back down, his hand still in her own and Zayn raised an eyebrow. He didn't pull back either. He wasn't going to lie, it was a bit comforting. And the sincerity her eyes and her tone had held...
Maybe someone was on his side after all. Maybe.

>>>> >>>>>
"Zayn, wake up." Riley's soft voice whispered, and Zayn grunted in a response. His eyelids seemed glued to his eyeballs and he felt tired and his head hurt. Riley shook him again. "Hurry up, or Butch'll come and wake you up himself."
Zayn shot up at that, not wanting to be hit by that bastard. His cheek was already hurting enough as it was. He rubbed his eyes and yawned, looking around. "Where are we?"
They weren't at the motel and neither were they at the cabin. The cabin.
Zayn's heart-rate picked up and he bit his lip. He'd been unconscious thanks to Riley, and had been woken up to...
Zayn smiled sadly, tears gathering in his eyes again. That was maybe the last time he would see the four of them again. Harry's hair had definitely grown longer. Niall needed a shave. Louis' hair had grown too but it looked good, and Liam...
Zayn bit his lip. Liam looked the best out of the four. His hair had been messy and he was so much more muscular in the past three months. Zayn could still smell his cologne and the thought made his heart break. The last time.

Riley rubbed his back and nodded her head to the house they'd parked the car in front of. "It's my house, our safe house you can say."
Zayn got out of the car along with her, looking around. A huge family and an elderly couple were the only people present so late at night, but they were far way and Zayn wondered if screaming, yelling and thrashing would help him or get him in deeper trouble.
Riley pulled his hands behind his back and handcuffed them, not giving it a second thought or hesitating a bit. Zayn nodded. He'd been wrong. If she had cared or felt any sympathy she would have set him free. Butch was standing by the house, digging around in his pockets. "Riley you got the keys?" he asked, and Riley rolled her eyes. "I gave them to you."
"I know." Butch grumbled.
"Then why ask me?"
"Because it's your house." Butch said, and Riley sighed face palming.

Zayn ignored their conversation, staring at the huge family who were entering some kind of motel. If he could signal them in someway...
He squinted, noticing a boy kicking a football around and minding his own business. Zayn's eyes widened as the boy kicked the ball in his direction and Zayn held his foot out to stop it from going under the car. The boy came running towards him, raising an eyebrow up at Zayn. He pointed at the ball Zayn's foot had pressed to the ground, Riley and Butch still bickering. This kid was his only chance.
Zayn leaned down. "I'm trapped. I need your help. I want you to go back to your parents and tell them that you just saw Zayn Malik. Go to the police with them in the morning."
The boy blinked. He couldn't be any older than six years. "But you're standing in front of me."
Zayn showed him his handcuffs. The boy's eyes travelled towards the kidnappers and they widened. He nodded at him and Zayn released the ball. The boy grabbed it and began to run back towards his family who had already entered the motel.