[79]

79- Tom
Vote for double update? (: 🤗

An hour ago...

Tom struggled against the handcuffs, frowning. He glanced at the three guards that were standing inside this time, backs to the door. Tom turned to the person beside him. "Hey, you wanna get out of here?"

The guy gave him a dirty look. "You're the one who got us in this shit."

"Well, I'm the one who'll get you out of it," Tom said, pulling back as one of the guard's gaze landed on him suspiciously.

"The window and doors are blocked. We're all handcuffed," the man stated blankly. Tom shook his head. Such a pessimist. "Leave everything up to me, you just create a distraction." Tom suppressed a smirk as he sat up. "Gee guys," he said out loud, "I need to go to the bathroom."

Markus, that bastard, turned to look at him. "You're not going anywhere."

"I seriously need to go," Tom said with a scowl. The other officer, Leonard, exchanged glances with Markus.

"Fine, but we're keeping the handcuffs on." Markus walked forward and unclipped out a pair of keys from his belt. Tom made sure to keep an eye on which one he used as he unlocked the cuffs from the bed, instead cuffing Tom's wrists together. "Leonard, keep it quick. I'll keep an eye on these other cupcakes," Markus grunted, clipping the keys back.

Tom tried not to show his glee. He tried to spot the exact same clip in Leonard's suit, hoping he had the same set of keys in the same place. Leonard pulled him up, leading him to the only bathroom in the room. The stitches hurt as he walked and Tom slowed, trying to regain his senses. "Slow down, my head hurts." Leonard eyed him warily, but once Tom felt better he walked in the bathroom, locking the door behind him. "You don't need to see me pee either."

He actually did pee, to throw off suspicion. Tom washed his hands, glancing at his bruised face in the mirror. There was no window in the bathroom, so the only option would be through the front door. Taking a deep breath, he shut off the faucet, drying his hands.

After unlocking the door, he let Leonard lead him back. Tom stopped abruptly, Leonard crashing into him. Quickly brushing his hand over the belt, Tom's eyes widened. Left side. "Come on, move," Leonard demanded. Tom made eye contact with the man he'd spoken to.

Grinning, the guy kicked the man beside him, pushing his bed to the side. Markus growled in anger, moving forward to stop him. Couple of other people began to understand the plan, knocking over pills and and water jugs. There were a total of five guys, including Tom, and one girl. Tom knew he should take her with me, Riley didn't deserve prison after all. He promised himself he'd try to break her out once he was reunited with his mates in Australia. Besides, she was no good and could barely escape with that concussion of hers.

As the chaos grew, Markus commanded Leonard to stay by Tom, and the other officer who's name Tom didn't know, to stay by the door. Tom grabbed the keys, holding them the front so they wouldn't jingle. Leonard had a vice grip on him, hands behind his back, though his eyes and attention was glued to Markus as the officer tried to calm everyone down with his buff talk. Tom rolled his eyes, hands curling around the keys. He tried to find the clip, clicking on it and releasing the keys from Leonard's belt. That seemed to get his attention and Tom smirked, bringing the handcuffs up on his face, hard. Leonard staggered backward, reaching for his taser. Tom kicked him in the stomach, but Leonard managed to block. Instead, Tom walked backwards and threw the water jug on his nightstand. While Leonard was still disoriented, uninjured and surrounded by glass, Tom snatched the taser from his belt. He turned around and ran, the officer that was guarding the door noticing him a second too late.

"Hey!"

Tom turned the taser on, warning the guard as he slipped through the door. He didn't waste any moment, knowing they were behind him. His rushed footsteps were followed by heavier ones. He threw a glance at the front door, but it was swarmed with guards, Al on his phone. Shit.

Tom's eyes widened and he steered to the left, running right into the elevator with a couple. He shut the door closed, breathing heavily as he saw Leonard's angry face jam the button to make it open. The doors opened.

Tom groaned, turning the taser on as he whacked Lenonard on the head, kicking him back. He clicked on the button furiously. The doors closed. He closed his eyes and leaned back on the wall. His heart basically leaping in his chest, and his shoulder throbbing, Tom had never dealt with defeat so big. The hospital was surrounded by Al's men and he'd lost the only weapon he had.

The idea of reaching Zayn's room and use him as a bait was tempting, but look how well that turned out the last time. There were too many officers. Tom reopened his eyes to see the couple staring at him, eyes wide. The man was in a fighting stance and the woman had raised her purse as a weapon.

Tom raised an eyebrow, not in the mood to get beaten up by a purse. "Chill, I'm not going to hurt you."

"You're escaping," the man said, as if it wasn't obvious enough. The doors opened on the fourth floor and the couple scrambled out, the woman flipping him off.

Tom scowled, leaving the elevator. There was literally no way he could escape this place. As if they knew it themselves, the forth floor was empty of officers. A few nurses shot him worried and odd looks, and Tom turned a corner down the hall, sitting down to unlock his handcuffs. A phone rang somewhere.

Once he managed to free his wrists, he pocketed the keys and hurried down the stairs. Maybe there was a back door or a window he could climb down. When he reached the third floor, he saw a woman he knew he'd seen before, sitting in the cafeteria and sipping her tea as she scrolled through a newspaper. Shaking the feeling off, Tom kept his head low, quickly walking down the hall. The reception phone rang. Tom quickened his pace.

He stopped when he saw the number 355 imprinted on one of the doors. Tom looked around cautiously. He opened the door and stepped inside, closing it quickly behind him. The room was a lot more luxurious and comfy than the one he'd been in. Only one large bed occupied the space to his left, placed in front of a ring of couches and an armchair. A tv was hung on the wall and the curtains were pulled over. Tom tried not to kill the guy who was sleeping ever so peacefully, a frown on his face. Alive and well.

Tom glanced outside. It was starting to get darker, maybe he could escape after all. He walked over to the window and looked down.

"Fuck." There were two officers standing in the alley even, guarding the back door. Tom ran a hand through his hair, itching to get his hands on a teaser.

A weird sound from behind made him turn his head, annoyed. Zayn should've died that day. Life would have been so better if he'd never chosen to tangle with the guy. Tom walked over and poured himself a glass of water, drinking it all. He lounged on the armchair, wishing he could chill here all night. But Al wasn't dumb, and it wouldn't be soon before someone would come inside to check up on the pop star.

Tom eyed Zayn who's face was scrunched up. If he was going to get caught and thrown in jail for murder, theft and kidnapping, getting rid of another useless life wouldn't add much to his sentence. Tom smirked, climbing up on the bed. He glanced at the bandaged leg, kicking it. Zayn just frowned deeper, not waking up.

Oh well, looks like someone would be dying in their sleep today.

>>>>A/N<<<<
I might be double updating today, so please vote and comment!
And also, who's chapter do you want the next update to be in?
I'm torn between Louis and Liam 😁

Love u guys 💕 xx