[38]

38- Zayn

Zayn walked down the hallway, heart thumping loudly. He'd been here before, he just couldn't remember where here was. His vision was blurry as he walked forward and stumbled into a living room. Zayn frowned. This was his house.
It seemed lifeless and dull. A person sat on the armchair and Zayn made out a mop of hair. He cracked a smile. "Harry!"

He walked forward and stepped in front of the armchair to see Harry gagged and tied up, a frantic look in his eyes.
Zayn's heart thumped and he looked around. An uneasy feeling began to grow on him, but he bent down and untied Harry. He pulled out the gag and the younger lad coughed. "It's Daniel, he's going to kill him."
Zayn shook his head. "No, they won't." He doubted the words as soon as they left his lips.

"There you are."
Zayn turned around to see Butch standing with the most evil smirk. He had grabbed Daniel and had a gun pointed at his chest. Zayn swallowed.
"Choose." Another voice whispered from behind him. Zayn turned his head slowly, his heart beating furiously in his chest. Tom grinned at him, holding Harry in a vice grip as he pointed a gun at his head. 

On the ground beside Tom, Zayn noticed several people tied up, down on their knees. A lump formed in his throat. Liam looked up at him with scared eyes and Niall was crying silently. Safaa was sobbing and Waliyha tried to calm her. Doniya was reassuring his mum. Zayn's heart broke as he watched his mum helplessly. His eyes then fell on the last person. Louis looked up, lower lip trembling. Louis never cried. He hated crying.
Zayn's heart clenched and he turned to Daniel who was trembling in Butch's arms, and then at Harry who had his jaw locked as Tom fisted his hair.
"Choose."

Another voice entered the room and Zayn turned his attention to the doorway. Riley smiled at him, her usually blue eyes looking like swirls of grey. She had a gun pointed right at his chest and she took slow steps forward. "Choose," she whispered.
Zayn began to panic and he didn't know what to do. He glanced at Butch and Tom who both cocked their gun's at their victims. Tears sprung to Zayn's eyes and he knew he would never forgive himself if either one of them died.
It wasn't before a gunshot was heard that a scream got caught in his throat as he stared at the dead body...

Zayn woke up with a gasp, forehead beaded with sweat. His back was damp and his hands were shaking. He tried to calm himself down, but his racing heart wouldn't allow it. And to top it off, he was lying on his back, his bandages wet and pressed to the hard floor. Someone placed their hands on his shoulders, turning him around and Zayn sat up. The action was too quick and led to him getting queasy. He opened his eyes and tried to focus on something, but everything seemed blurry.
Riley's worried expressions gradually came into view and she sighed in relief. A bottle was brought to his lip and Zayn tilted his head back, allowing the cold liquid to run down his parched throat.

He grabbed the bottle, curling his fingers firmly around it as he tried to stop them from shaking. He felt weak and broken. He hated the feeling. Completely, utterly despised it.
Riley pulled his shirt up and examined his back, shaking her head. The light from outside shone on her face, indicating that it was early morning. The sun went down quite quick these days. "The bandages are completely wet," she informed him.
Zayn capped the bottle and placed it on the floor beside him. He looked down at where he had been sleeping. A worn out mattress with a jacket on. He tried not to think of how many people had been sleeping on it before him.

"Your back will get infected, I'll have to change the bandages again." Riley told him, taking off his shirt. A shiver ran down his spine and Zayn rubbed his arms.
Riley stood up and grabbed her backpack from the tables that had been set together. Already Coke cans were scattered on it, and the map was halfway on the floor. She pulled out a bottle filled with a see through liquid, and a roll of bandages. "It's the last one," she said in dismay.

Zayn lied back down on his stomach, mind racing as images of the dream flashed behind his eyes. He tried to swallow the lump in his throat. He knew why the place was so familiar. With the dull and colorless walls, the worn-out furniture...it was the same living room he'd dreamt of before. Zayn couldn't remember the exact dream, but he knew he'd been there before and at that time too...he'd been afraid of someone dying.
He grimaced as Riley pulled the bandages off. As soon as she squirted the alcohol medication on his back, Zayn bit into his fist. Riley began to clean up his wound and Zayn dug his face in the mattress, glad for the jacket. It smelled like strawberries.
"Done soon," she mumbled, and Zayn stifled a groan, his back aching terribly.

She then capped the bottle and Zayn waited for her to bandage his back. She didn't do it and he gave her a puzzled look.
"Just let it get some oxygen," she told him, crossing her legs as she unrolled the bandages.
"You sound like a doctor," Zayn mumbled, swiping his tongue over his chapped lips.
Riley gave him a half-smile. "I did try to get a medical degree." Her smiled dropped. "Too bad things have always been rocky for me."
Zayn was unsure whether he should ask further or not. So instead, he looked around. "Where's Tom and Butch?"
Riley nodded her heard towards the stairs. "Upstairs. They were up late last night."
"And Daniel?" Zayn asked, frowning as he lifted his head up and looked around him.
Riley scratched the back of her neck. "He was kind of crying and couldn't sleep so I brought him to my room."
Zayn nodded quietly, a part of him satisfied with this. He just wished she could give him a firm hint which team she was one. He was getting mixed signals from her kindness, and then her decisions and relations with Butch and her brother.

As she began to bandage his back, Zayn closed his eyes. He'd never felt such a pain, it was like the flesh wouldn't start healing. Mental pain he was familiar with, but physically this was a first. He didn't think an experienced person would be able to handle the pain either. Whenever he thought that he had been hurt in such a brutal and way, his mind couldn't process it. If Butch's intentions were to "teach him a lesson" and scare him off, then it sure worked. Zayn had let all hopes of escaping down the drain.
Riley stood up and left to wash her hands. While she was gone he took the time to sit up, slowly this time. His back throbbed and ached horribly. Zayn scrunched his face up in pain. Riley walked back down the stairs, a pill in one palm and the bottle refilled in her other. "Painkiller."

Zayn thanked her and swallowed the pill down, drinking the water after. He lay down on his stomach again and her footsteps receded. Zayn closed his eyes in hopes of sleeping. Instead, thoughts swirled in his head and the sound of a gunshot echoed in his mind.

>>>>A/N<<<<
Finals are coming up, hence the irregular updates!
I'll try to update when I can though.
Any ways, fave song off MITAM?
😜
Also, which one?
Lirry, Lilo or Niam?

xx