[43]

43- Riley

Riley wiped her sweaty palms on her jeans, walking up the steps of the bank. She freed her lip from her teeth and took a deep breath before going inside. She walked towards one counter and told them that she had an account. Brian had made her the fake account, and she just hoped the odds were in her favor as the man searched it up.
He led her to a few lockers and she unlocked one with the key she had. A box was placed inside, presumably empty considering there wasn't anything she was actually going to retrieve. She picked it up, noticing that there seemed to be letters inside.
The man led her to a private room, and she saw Brian patrolling the hall. He sent her a small nod. She stuffed her hand in her pocket, around the capped syringe.
The man, whose name was Mr. Wu, smiled at her as he motioned to the small room, the door closing behind them.

"There aren't any cameras here?" Riley asked, pretending to be afraid of him seeing inside the box. "Like you don't spy on wills and such, or private letters?"

"Oh no, we give everyone the privacy they need," Mr. Wu said brightly.

Riley swallowed and nodded. She turned to the computer. "So if I want to search for something, I can use this right?"

"Of course, the sites get saved, but that is an important part for security purposes."
Riley nodded along. She pointed to the computer. "But why is there blood on it?"

Pathetic. Stupid. Way to go, Riley.
Her hand clenched around the syringe and she carefully uncapped it in her jacket pocket.

Mr. Wu leaned forward. "Oh dear, where?"

Riley pulled the syringe out and pressed it gently down to the skin under his blue sweater. Mr. Wu scowled, eyes drooping. His hand reached up to touch the spot, but just then his eyes shut and Riley watched as he dropped to the ground. She patted his suit for the security code, and pulled it out from his pocket.
She then carefully knocked on the door, signaling Brian. Done.
She sat down and powered up the computer, heart thumping. She made her registration under an anonymous account and sent it to Butch's fake email, the one where it showed he worked for a bakery. Riley used to tease him a lot about that. If he hadn't been so out of control and so heartless, she might not have dumped him.
Riley rolled her eyes. They hadn't even been dating, and it seemed more like a fling to her.

After completing her job, she exited the room and the fire alarm went off. Brian walked over to her.
"Ma'am that's our fire alarm, please follow me."
Riley widened her eyes and hurried after him. She scrunched her nose as she felt real smoke, and her eyes widened for real this time.
Joey was ushering a couple a long. "It's the fire alarm, please proceed towards the exit."
The water sprinklers began to spray just as they got out of the building, but they stopped just as quickly.

"You weren't supposed to start a fire, that's not what Butch planned," Riley hissed quietly.

Joey rolled his eyes. "That's what Tom planned."

People were gathered outside and she pretended to be just as confused as them. She heard the police siren and fire brigade from far away.
"And chill, I just put the left wing on fire. Wasn't going to burn you down," Joey joked.
Riley, however, didn't find anything funny with the situation. Her phone rang.
She picked it up and Tom's urgent voice came through. "Riley, we're stuck in a situation. There's a S7 firewall along with a protective system."
Riley sucked in a sharp breath, moving away from the crowd. "What!? Butch knows it, doesn't he?"

Tom sighed on the other side. "No he can't get through."

Riley nibbled on her fingernail. "Okay, let me talk to him."