[61]

61- Zayn:

Zayn tried to find a comfortable spot as he shifted on the bed, a throbbing pain in his leg. The boys were still not back and he was starting to get worried. Where were they?
"Mum," he mumbled, gritting his teeth as he sat up.

Trisha looked up from where she was cleaning the table. "Hmm?"

"My leg's hurting," Zayn sighed, shifting his position again. He buried his cheek in the pillow, biting his lip.

"I'll call the nurse," his mum replied and Zayn heard the door shut softly. He clenched his teeth as the pain only got worse. He stopped moving but that didn't feel much better either. It wasn't long before his mum and Nora walked through the door and Zayn breathed a sigh of relief.

"Is it your leg?" Nora asked. He nodded. Nora pursed her lips, pulling the duvet slightly away to inspect it. "I'm going to clean it and then change your bandages, okay?"

Zayn nodded, blinking back tears. The pain was starting to get unbearable, the throbbing ache having traveled up his entire leg. The door opened and a cart was pushed through, a guy in a white coat smiling at him. "Hey."
Zayn just gave him a sharp nod, sitting up straighter. He looked away as Nora gently peeled off his bandages and his mum placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. The contact of air on the raw skin was cold and Zayn peeked a look at his leg. His heart sank at the sight. The skin and muscle around the wound was all red and purple and he grimaced. A small hole with dried blood was where he'd been shot and his stomach churned. The sight was so gruesome and the thought that he had been shot felt like it just sank in for the first time. Trisha gently grabbed his chin and made him look away as Nora dipped her hands in some kind of bowl. She began cleaning his leg with some kind of liquid that dried into his skin. At first, it didn't feel anything that irritating, but it soon began to sting. Luckily for him, Nora finished and packed up the wound again.

Zayn swallowed the bilious feeling in his throat. Nora smiled at him. "I've seen you've changed your shirt. It isn't long before you can wear some warm sweatpants."

He smiled stiffly, moving slightly. Nora nodded to the guy who brought a glass of water and a few pills. "Take these, they'll help ease the pain and reduce any chances of infection."

Zayn grabbed the water and downed two pills at a time, giving the empty glass back to the guy. According to his nametag, his name was Nate.
Nora motioned for him to take his shirt off. Zayn felt it hard to do so, his muscles stiff and weary, but with his mother's help he managed to take it off. Nora pulled the bandages away to inspect his back and she pursed her lips. "Short bandages aren't working. I have to apply full bandages which will cover your chest too, but they'll help a lot with the pain.
Zayn just nodded, muttering a small, "okay."

As Nora worked, hands moving around, he closed his eyes and tried to push the nauseous feeling down his throat. Nora straightened him up as she wrapped the bandages around his torso, stomach and then over his chest. These bandages felt a lot comfier though they were thicker as well. Zayn sat up and Nora smiled at him, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Everything's okay now?"

He nodded hesitantly. His leg still hurt but it was a bearable ache this time. Other than that, he felt like throwing up, but he didn't tell her that.
"You sure you're okay?" Trisha asked, frowning at him. Zayn swallowed heavily. He moved to sit up straighter, leaning back on the bed. "Yeah, I just feel slightly nauseous."

Nora stared at him for a couple of seconds. "If you want to throw up, there's no harm in that."

Zayn felt the lump of throat make itself in his throat and he tried so hard not to let his emotions get the best of him, but he couldn't help it as tears welled up in his eyes. "Zayn..." Trisha said softly, enveloping him in a hug. She stroked his hair and shook her head. "It's okay, you need to relax."

Zayn wiped his eyes, feeling the same bilious feeling crawl up his throat. "I think I'm gonna throw up," he sniffed, shutting his mouth immediately.

Nate pulled a clean bucket from the trolley and held it out. And as Zayn grabbed the bucks and held it under his chin with everyone's eyes on him, he realized he didn't have to throw up after all. "No, it's gone now," he said, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm your nurse. We'll overcome this," Nora said, smiling reassuringly.

Zayn faked a smile back, giving her the bucket back. Nora placed it on the floor. "In case you feel bad later, okay?"

Nora and Nate left the room, pushing the trolley out a long with it. "Is it okay if I go check up on the girls? They'll probably raid the whole canteen," Trisha asked.

Zayn nodded. "Yeah."

"You sure?" Trish eyes him carefully.

"Yes, mum."

And as soon as Trisha left the room, Zayn bent over and spilled his stomach's continents into the bucket. He threw up the soup he'd eaten, the acidic taste of it leaving his mouth bitter. The muscles in his stomach hurt as he emptied his stomach. His throat burned and he coughed, sitting up straighter and wiping his mouth. He fell back on his pillow, squeezing his moist eyes shut.

<><><><><>

Zayn woke up with a start, feeling goosebumps creep up on his arms. He sat up straighter in the dark, feeling his hand clutched in someone else's. He yawned and tried to peer at the person sitting beside him, holding his hand. As his eyes adjusted to the dim light from the bathroom, the person's features came into view along with the same wicked grin. Zayn gasped, eyes flying open. His heart hammered in his chest and he sat up straighter, pulling his shaking hands quickly away from the person's grasp. His neck was damp and his forehead was beaded with sweat. He leaned away as the person stirred but it wasn't Butch, only a confused and groggy Harry. Zayn breathed a sigh of relief, shoulders visibly relaxing. Harry rubbed his eyes, looking up at him. "You okay?"

Zayn nodded, wondering where the other boys were. "W-when did you come back?"

"Dunno," Harry said, yawning. He stood up and pulled the bed down in a laying position. "Bad dream?"

"Mhmm," Zayn replied quietly.

"Remember, they're just dreams. You're safe, everyone's in jail," Harry said softly, stroking his hair. "Good night."

Zayn hummed as Harry massaged his scalp with light fingertips. He snuggled into the warm duvet, feeling himself relax and getting pulled back into comfortable unconsciousness.

>>>>A/N<<<<
....hi!
lol, if you want to kill me, totally understandable. This has to be the longest gap I've had since updating. A lot of things happened in these...two weeks, I think? Yeah, two weeks.

Let me just quickly fill you up on 'em:
- School. I literally had no time to sit down and breathe. I had like four big assignment/presentation & tests. Seriously, the term just started 😩
- The Flash. Before all my assignments I like watched all the episodes of the flash because I am hooked and it's just sooo good. I'm going to watch the arrow too soon.
- Twitter. Usually, I check up on Twitter everyday just to see what's going on and I answer questions there if I'm not so active on wattpad. But apparently my account is locked? So i feel super invisible. I can see all the tweets (Zayniac22 👀), the trends (WTF is #WelcomeBabyTomlinson?) but I can't follow, respond, retweet, fav etc. So yeah I didn't have time to unlock it but I'll find a way since now things have calmed down a bit.

Yup that's what's been going on. I have another update ready, and if y'all vote and comment, I may doubles update 😉
For Baby Jayn readers, the chapter is soon ready 😝.

ALSO, ZAYNS GOING TO BE ON THE GRAHAM NORTON SHOW. 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😊😊😊😱😱😱😱😱 OMFG.