[66]

67- Officer Al:

Officer Al held his head in his hands, taking deep breaths. Another dead end. Every lead they had, it all turned out to be nothing. No idea where Tom was, if he even was in the city or even the country.

"Dammit," he cursed angrily under his breath. There was a knock and the door swung open. "Sir, you were looking for me?"

Al looked up and nodded, gesturing at the chair. "Sit down, Stillinski."

Stillinski sat down, putting a file on Al's desk. "This is all I could find on Miller. He's a trustworthy officer, sir."

Al frowned, going through the file. Everything seemed legit, he had a wife and two kids, moved from Cheshire, and had worked here for two years. "I don't get it. Why would he try to mislead me?"

Stillinski pursed his lips."No idea."

Officer Al nodded. "Okay, keep an eye on him. He might not be working with Tom, but he's definitely hiding something."

Stillinski nodded. "Will do, sir." He grabbed the file and left the office. Al stood up and grabbed his jacket before leaving the office. He walked to the interrogation room where Butch was still being held, not having been allowed to send him to jail without a court order, and also for times like this. The guards opened the door and Al walked inside. Butch was handcuffed to the chair, feet crossed on the other. A magazine was opened in his lap and he used his free hand to page through it. "Officer," he said dryly.

"Why's Miller working with Tom?" Al asked, giving it a shot.

Butch frowned. "Who?"

"Miller. Officer Miller. Short man with black hair. He's working with you guys."

Butch chuckled. "You don't sound so sure."

Al sighed, turning around. "You asked the wrong question, by the way," Butch said from behind him. Al frowned as he left the room. There was only one person who could help him now.

>>>> >>>>>

"Absolutely not," Dr. Morgan said. "The patient is not ready."

"We're trying to catch the patient's abusers, I think this is very important," Al replied.

Dr. Morgan sighed, tapping his fingers on his desk. "I'm telling you, Zayn might not even have the information you need, Officer."

Al leaned forward. "Even one question could lead me closer to these criminals. You've got to understand me doctor, this is important. Isn't it better to get over with?"

There was a knock on the door. "Come in," Dr.Morgan called. A nurse with jet black hair walked inside with a clipboard. "Ah, Nora. Have you already finished Zayn's checkup?"

"He just fell asleep minutes before I came. The boys told me he hasn't slept all night, so I wanted to ask if it's okay that I do the checkup later."

Dr. Morgan looked up at Al and sighed. "You won't need to. Looks like we've got to wake him up."

>>>> >>>>>

"What? no." Harry crossed his arms. "Just come another day."

"I can't. Don't worry, it'll just be a few minutes," Al responded.

"He just fell asleep," Liam sighed.

Al pursed his lips. "Yeah, I'm sorry about this boys, but it's imprtant if you want justice for what happened to him. Tom's the one who kidnapped him, don't forget that."