[118]

118-Harry

They left court half an hour later, coffee cups in hand

They left court half an hour later, coffee cups in hand. It was full on chaos outside now that Tom and Butch both had been declared guilty of the accused crimes. The media was everywhere and Harry felt momentarily blind as flashes went off all around them. He grabbed Zayn's arm, leaning forward to yell in his ear, "let's go out the back!"

The court guards were trying to control the paparazzi and Harry told Louis the same thing. They moved to the other set of stairs and hurried down them. Trisha lifted a hand to her face to avoid the flashes, shaking her head in annoyance. Harry knew she'd been through this before, but they were experts and used to the invasion of privacy wherever they went. And a case this big, between a world known criminal and a superstar, he was surprised they weren't forcing Zayn to answer their questions. They hurried to the car, all six of them slipping inside the seven seater. Harry let out a breath and glanced at Zayn, who seemed a little lost in his own thoughts. The paparazzi seemed to not have bothered him, and Liam squeezed his knee worriedly. "You okay?"

Zayn nodded mutely and Niall started to drive. They arrived home in half an hour, and Harry felt beyond exhausted. He leaned against Louis, who let him with a smile. "Tired?"

Harry nodded and then pointed at Zayn, who's head was leaning back against the seat, lips parted.

The car suddenly bumped, causing them all to jerk forward, and Zayn's eyes snapped open. He licked his lips and closed his mouth, his eyes closing few seconds later. But then without support, his head started jerking to the side, causing Zayn to wake up abruptly. Harry's heart squeezed and he was about to offer something, when Liam shuffled to the side. "Here, you can lean on me."

Zayn, too tired to even speak, just mumbled something and rested his head against Liam's shoulder. Liam wrapped an arm around him, holding him in place as Niall drove.

"A little slowly," Trisha said from the front seat. "Niall, hun, you drive like a maniac." Harry let out a chuckle, sending Niall a look in the rear-view mirror.

>>>> >>>>>

Once they arrived home, Zayn mumbled that he was going to get changed and he left to go upstairs. Louis plopped down on the couch with a grin, and Harry knew the boy was unable to help himself. He couldn't help but smile too. "Today was a good day," Louis said, and though Harry agreed, he was still a little worried. He stared at the stairs where Zayn had gone, the boy's silence giving off bad vibes.

"But it was tough," Trisha said, taking a deep sigh. "And very tense. I'm exhausted, and so glad we didn't need to stay for Robbie's trial."

"Yeah, they had enough witnesses and evidence to get him," Louis said, stifling a yawn. Harry ran his fingers through his hair, a thoughtful look on his face. "I'm a little worried about Zayn. I don't think now's the time to leave him alone."