[92]

92- Louis
Vote because double update 😊🤗?

Louis hugged Niall, patting his back. "Hate turbulence, absolutely fucking hate turbulence." He sent Trisha an apologetic sheepish smile and collapsed down on the couch, shivering. He moved down to sit on the carpet and scooted closer to the fireplace.

Harry sat down beside him and Louis leaned in, humming. He was freezing from head to toe and the warmth from the fireplace felt like it was melting him down to the core. He looked around for Zayn who was absent, along with the girls and Liam. "Where is everyone?"

"Girls went to sleep, Liam went to put Zayn in bed," Niall replied, handing him a cup of coffee. Louis thanked him and leaned his back on the edge of the armchair, the hot mug feeling fantastic against his cold skin. He pressed it to his chest and let out a deep sigh. "How is he? Feeling better?" He turned to Harry, but he only shrugged, turning to Trisha who shrugged back. "He's...stubborn."

"Yup," Niall agreed. "And he wants completely nothing to do with us."

Trisha looked like she was about to deny it, but Harry nodded. "He thinks he doesn't need us, but you know how he is."

Louis nodded, suddenly feeling a strong urge to go see him, talk to him. He'd missed Zayn a lot, and knowing that someone was suffering while you celebrated Christmas was even harder. Especially if that someone was your best friend.

Liam appeared into the living room and sat down on the couch, grabbing his mug from the table. "Luckily, he didn't wake up."

"Hopefully he'll get a good night's sleep," Trisha said worriedly. She rubbed her eyes triedly and Liam suggested she go sleep.

Nodding, she stood up and stretched. "Food's in the fridge if you get hungry, the first remote is for local TV, the other is for movies and you know the Apple TV one.

The boys nodded and bid her goodnight. Louis stretched his legs and placed his cup on the carpet beside him. "Is he still jumpy?"

Liam answered with a short nod, a worried look on his face. "He's doing it again, Louis. He's distancing himself again."

"But it's not the same," Harry quipped. "He thinks we can't really do anything, that this is his matter."

Niall scoffed, throwing a pillow at him. "What did you study, psychology?"

Harry rolled his eyes. "I know him."

"We do too."

"Yeah, but you're not seeing it from his perspective," Harry said with a shrug. "Don't think about the Zayn who got out of the shell, think about the Zayn deep inside. You can change but you can't transform."

Louis pondered at that. The Zayn at core would definitely try to fix things himself, but they'd been through this before.

"It's not about getting hurt anymore," Harry said quietly, sighing. "He's not particularly worried about us getting hurt, and I don't think he needs counseling."

Liam frowned and Louis wasn't sure what to think of that, he hadn't really seen how Zayn was or had been in these two weeks.

"I agree with ya," Niall said finally, sipping his coffee. "He's different, but still distancing. Whys is that again, professor Harold?"

Harry grinned, stretching his long legs and poking Liam's foot. "Because he's trying to hard to get better fast, or well, that's what I think. He does try to show us he's fine all the time, as ironic as it is."

"He's a complete idiot," Louis said, heart feeling heavy for him. God, someone whack that boy upside down.

>>>> >>>>>