[2]

2- Trisha
Chapter dedication: @MaliksMonday

Trisha frowned as her phone beeped, signaling her that the call had ended and Zayn hadn't picked up. This was the eleventh time she had called him.

"Is he picking up?" Doniya asked as she walked out of the kitchen, apple in hand. Trisha sighed worriedly. "No."

"Are you sure he didn't text you?" Waliyha asked her elder sister skeptically. Doniya rolled her eyes. "No, he didn't. I've triple checked, y'know."
Waliyha chewed on her bottom lip. "Maybe he had to do something important?"
Trisha ran a hand down her face, pushing down the rising panic inside of her. "It's been three hours, this isn't right."
She had a very bad gut feeling. Where could Zayn be? He wasn't stupid enough to shut his phone off was he? What about the groceries? If he had something else to do, surely he would hand them over first...?
Her phone buzzed and Trisha's heart rate quickened as she answered it without even checking the caller ID. "Hello?" she said.

"Hi, it's Liam."
Trisha shoulder's slumped and she shook her head at her wide eyed daughters. "Oh yes, hello Liam dear. How are you?"
"I'm fine. I'm sorry to be bothering you but Zayn isn't answering my phone. Is he asleep?" Liam asked.
Trisha sighed. "No, Zayn's out grocery shopping."
"Still? I talked to him about three hours ago." Liam informed her. Trisha frowned. Things were not looking good.
"Did he say whether he was going somewhere or not?" she asked hopefully.
"No. He did say he was going to pick the girls up from school." Liam paused. "But then he said he'd call Doniya to do it."
Trisha's heart sunk. "Oh."
"Is everything alright?" Now Liam seemed worried.

"Uhm, I suppose. I don't know, Liam. He hasn't come home with the groceries yet." Trisha let out a deep breath.
There was silence on the other line, then some shuffling. "Wait, he hasn't come home? But he said he was done shopping, he just told me he was hailing a cab."
"He did?" Trisha asked with wide eyes. Where did Zayn go after that? Why didn't he come home? He could've at least told them if he was going someplace. They'd discussed this before, always keep your phone on.
"Yeah, the taxi he'd hailed was gone so he hailed another one." Liam informed her.
"And then?" Trisha bit her lip.
"I-I don't know. Mum was calling for me so we had to end the call."
They both were silent, and Trisha let Liam's words sink in. Zayn had finished grocery shopping, and then hailed a cab.
"I'm waiting till tonight, if he doesn't come home I'm reporting." Trisha said in a shaky voice. She took a deep breath to calm herself down. The girls's eyes widened, and they looked at her curiously.

"Okay. Please call me later if he comes home." Liam said.
"Sure dear." Trisha bid him goodbye before ending the call.
"Where's Zayn?" Safaa asked, rubbing her tired eyes as she walked down stairs. "We were supposed to play with him today!" she grinned at the girls. "We're going to beat the both of you, just wait."
"He's still not home." Doniya told her with a sigh. Waliyha turned to Trisha. "Mum, were you serious?"
Trisha swallowed thickly and nodded. "I am. If Zayn doesn't come home tonight, we're going to the police station."
"But what if he just...went out with friends?" Waliyha stammered.
Trisha narrowed her eyes. "Then he's grounded for a life time."

>>>> >>>>>
The four family members were sitting quietly in the living room. The fire was cackling peacefully, and the clock on the wall ticked to show how much time was passing. Finally, Trisha stood up. "That's it."
Her fear was eating her alive. The time was 8:30, Zayn should have been home by two.
Trisha shrugged her coat on, and called on the girls. As they put on their shoes, Trisha grabbed the car keys and pushed the door open. Icy air hit her in the face, and she wrapped her scarf securely around her neck. Trisha stuffed her hands in her pockets, and kept her head low as she walked down the stoned steps. The girls followed closely behind. "Mum, Zayn's okay right?" Safaa asked worriedly. Trisha forced a smile at her. "Sure."
They arrived at the police station twenty-five minutes later. The snow lay like a white blanket over the office building, and Trisha ushered the girls inside. They all exhaled as they were encased in warmth. The door closed behind them, blocking out the cold. Trisha unwrapped her scarf from her neck and walked over to the main desk.
"Excuse me, ma'am, how can I help you?" A man in his twenties looked up at her.