[48]

48- Riley

Robbie grinned. "I'll be on my way, then."

Butch let out a puff of smoke out of his mouth. "I'll join you soon, just need to take care of a few things."
Riley crossed her arms, looking around as darkness approached. Robbie stuffed the money in his pocket and lit his own cigarette. "The hostage?"

Butch nodded. "Yeah, two of them actually."
Riley swallowed the lump in her throat, her heartbeat increasing.

"Yeah what's up with the kid?" Robbie laughed.

Butch rolled his eyes, stubbing out his cigarette on the wall. "Long story. Get the two out, I need to talk to Tom."

Robbie gave him a wink and walked over to the van Brian and Joey were now sitting in.
"You're going to let him go, right?" Riley asked. "The both of them."

Butch shrugged. "Yeah, sure. Where are you going after this?"

Riley smiled. "Back to Australia."

Butch nodded, pushing the doors open. "Nice, how's your aunt?"

Riley's eyes widened. "How did you know?"

Butch smirked. "I know everything."

Tom turned around as they entered the building and he stubbed his cigarette out, pulling out a bottle. Taking a swig of the bottle, he locked eyes with Butch.
"So, it's the end."
Butch stuffed his hands in his pockets. "Right. Let's get this over with, I don't wanna see your face again after this."
Tom narrowed his eyes. "Likewise."
Riley chewed on her bottom lip as Robbie pushed the door open, Zayn in his grip. Zayn threw a panicked glance at her and she looked away. She didn't know what to do anymore.

"He's mine. I'm ending his life and then we can proceed with our own lives-" Tom started, but Robbie cut him off.

"The kid's not there."

Riley pretended to looks surprised when in reality she was terrified. Butch frowned. "What do you mean he's not there? Check both vans, idiot."

Robbie rolled his eyes, pushing Zayn towards them. "He's. Not. There. I double checked."

Riley watched as Tom's face turned into one of anger and he pushed past Robbie to go and check himself. Butch followed him out. Robbie turned to look at Riley and she was unsure what part to play.

"You don't seem surprised," he chuckled. How the hell is he finding this amusing? Riley thought. She was scared to death right now. Both for her own sake and Zayn's.
"I am, to be honest," she managed to say. She moistened her lips. "But I wanted him to escape anyway."
Zayn was watching her closely, his face a reflection of her own fear. Act normal! Riley wanted to yell at him, but with Robbie there, she had no idea how to convey the message.

Tom and Butch stormed back inside and Tom glared at her. "Riley, did you do this?"

"Wait, he's actually gone?" Riley asked with a frown. Butch rolled his eyes. "Yeah. I think it's Brian and Joey."

Tom shook his head. "Those idiots wouldn't do such a thing."

"Well Riley wouldn't do it either," Butch defended her. Tom narrowed his eyes at her, trying to see through her facade. "You do know if we get caught because of him, you'll be dead as well?"

Butch slammed a fist on the wall. "This is really bad. He'll be in the station by now, filing a stupid report!"

Riley rolled her eyes, though her palms were sweating in the cold building. "You're right, Tom. I will be dead, if I had bailed him out. I'll be honest with you, I'm glad he escaped though. But it was not me."