[34]

34- Riley:

Riley woke up to Butch knocking on the door impatiently. She retracted her hand from Zayn's hair and rubbed her eyes. As soon as she opened the door, Butch stormed inside with Daniel on his tail. In his hands were shoppers filled with chips, fruit and other goods. Riley rolled her eyes. Wasn't he wasting money now?
Daniel wobbled under all the weight and Riley quickly took the shoppers from him. At least he was alive and okay. His eyes landed on Zayn and he gasped. "What happened to Zayn!?"
Riley closed the door and didn't answer, plopping down on the edge of the bed. She grabbed an apple and bit off it, raising an eyebrow at Butch. "I thought you were bringing pizza?"
Butch shrugged. "Too risky." His eyes landed on Zayn and he raised an eyebrow. "Why is he passed out on the bed? Pull him to the couch, dude. I'm tired."
Riley clenched her jaw and shook her head. "He needs all the rest he-"
"I don't care." Butch cut her off. "I'm going to meet up with Tom early tomorrow morning, let him sleep on the couch."

"Why don't you sleep on the couch?" Riley said. "Daniel can sle-"
"I'm not sleeping on the couch." Butch stated, cutting her off once again. Riley sighed, biting her lip. She walked over to Zayn and shook his arm. "Zayn?"
There was no use, he was out cold. "Can you help me carry him?" Riley asked.
Butch sighed. "Fine."
He grabbed Zayn's one arm and Riley grabbed the other. Together they lifted him up and lay him down on his stomach on the couch.
Daniel took off his jacket and walked forward to Zayn, staring at his back. He then looked at Butch and gulped. Butch threw his jacket on the bed, his scarf and sweater joining it minutes later. "Why is it so hot here?" He complained, plopping down on the bed. Riley tied her hair up in a ponytail. She had to admit, it was pretty hot. Butch rolled his eyes when they landed on the thermometer. He changed the temperature back but Riley didn't mind. Too hot wasn't very good for Zayn's bandaged back either.
She grabbed her apple and continued to eat it as she sat down on the chair.

Daniel sat down on the armchair, fiddling with his hands. "You hungry?" She handed him an apple out of the shopper and Daniel grabbed it, his eyes darting to Butch who was lying on the bed with his eyes closed. "Tom wants Zayn back," he started. "The bank robbery can't be done without him."
Riley nodded. She had guessed that much. "So you're just handing him over tomorrow?"
Butch opened his eyes again. "Nah. But tomorrow or the day later, we'll have to move him to the factory where Tom is. That's phase two. After the bank robbery, that's going to be our refuge."
Riley nodded as he spoke. "But Zayn needs time to heal and leaving him in an abandoned factory out in the cold..."
Butch shrugged. "I'm not letting him stay at the factory, Tom would just exploit it."
She pursed her lips but didn't say anything as she threw the apple in the trash can.

"Australia was a lot more warmer," she grumbled. The sound of rain tapping on the roof could be heard.
"At least the snow'll melt." Butch chuckled tiredly. "I'm going to sleep, you coming?"
"Where am I supposed to sleep?" Riley raised an eyebrow although she already knew the answer.
Butch rolled his eyes. "The bed obviously. Come on, don't act like we haven't fu-"
Riley raised her hand to stop him going further while Daniel was still in the room. "Yeah but that was before."
"Hmm." Butch closed his eyes. "Before I was diagnosed with APD and you freaked out?"
Riley crossed her arms. "I didn't freak out after that, I was pretty freaked out before. You've changed. And besides, I never loved you."
Butch frowned, his eyes still closed. "Now that's not a nice thing to say."
Riley chuckled, shaking her head. "You're an idiot."
"Mhmm." Butch yawned. "Shut the lights, cuff the boy and g'night for me."

Riley followed his orders and Daniel looked distraught as he made himself comfortable on the armchair. She tried not to care, give him the cold shoulder but it was a bit hard as she saw him struggle in the armchair. Turning the lights off, she found her way through the dark and on the bed, climbing to the other side. She collapsed with a hum of relief and closed her eyes, feeling a headache coming.

>>>> >>>>>
Zayn dreamt a hazy dream about him being on a football team and getting hurt. His back hurt like fucking crazy. He should have been careful on that field. Zayn frowned, fisting his hands. Why was it hurting so much? It was literally throbbing and why was it so cold? They were playing the summer season weren't they?
Zayn lifted his arm up and rubbed his eyes with his finger. He let out a groan as the movement reflected on his back, which was already killing him. Zayn tried to run his other hand through his sweaty and clammy hair but noticed that it was cuffed to a another smaller hand. As his eyes adjusted to the dark, he could make out Daniel's silhouette, the kid's lips parted. Zayn felt guilty for forgetting about the boy, but he didn't dwell too much on it. Or rather he wasn't able to dwell too much on it because of his back. It was hurting like crazy, stinging and making him squirm. Unsurprisingly he was on the couch. Zayn clenched his jaw and closed his eyes, hoping that sleep would find him. Unfortunately, the pain was the only thing his mind could focus on and he tentatively tried to touch his back. A jolt went through his backside and it started hurting like a bitch. Zayn muffled his groans and grunts in the pillow.

"Zayn?" he heard a groggy Riley whisper. How she had woken up was beyond him since he'd tried to control the pain and ignore it. But it was so hard. Zayn closed his eyes, biting his lip. "Yeah," he replied croakily.
He heard the mattress springs getting pushed and saw Riley's silhouette move towards the door as she turned on the lights. Zayn blinked a few times to let his eyes adjust to the dark and he heard Butch groan from the bed. The mere sight of him sent a chill down Zayn's spine, an image of his cocky smirk coming to mind from yesterday. Zayn closed his eyes. Think of positive things, happy things. mum cooking dinner. Beating Waliyha at Halo, winning over Nouis in Fifa. Liam's smile and Harry's corny jokes...
Zayn tried to relax -he really did- but the pain was starting to grow and he couldn't hold still. He curled his hands into fists again and grimaced.
Riley shuffled over to him. "I think the painkillers are wearing off," she said, her lip curling in disappointment. She placed a hand on his forehead and recoiled. "Woah, I think you've got a major fever or something. You're really warm."

She placed a tentative hand on his back and Zayn gritted his teeth at the friction of flesh and bandage. "Riley."
She pulled back. "Your whole body is heating up."
"Then just give him the damn medicine, Doctor." Butch grumbled.
Zayn was hungry and lying on an empty stomach didn't help the slightest. But food was his last priority, getting rid of the pain was a first. As Riley shuffled through a shopper, he felt Daniel stir.
She pursed her lips. "This is the one only left." She held up a box which Zayn assumed was the heavy painkiller she's given him last night. "If I give it to you now, you'll have to take regular painkiller pills later."
Zayn rubbed his stubble on the couch. "I don care, just get something," he snapped, clenching his jaw.
"Was that your attitude acting?" Butch asked, lifting his head and cocking a brow.
"It's fine, Butch." Riley said, pulling out the syringe.
"No, it's not. This boy needs to learn his lesson. Maybe I should have done fifteen after all." Butch mused.
Zayn turned his head away, biting his lip.

He hadn't realized how much he'd tensed up until Riley squeezed his arm, making him relax slightly. She steadied one hand on his shoulder and Zayn winced at the pressure. "This is going to hurt a bit."
He was about to tell her to not apply that much pressure when suddenly he felt the needle stick him on the top of his back, near his wound, and he let out a loud muffled groan. The part began to throb wildly and Zayn gritted his teeth, tears springing to his eyes.
"Sorry, there's no anesthesia."
Zayn gripped the arm of the couch tightly, shaking his head as the throbbing began to subdue. "What's going on?" a small voice asked. Daniel sniffled as he sat up, rubbing his slightly red eyes. Zayn's heart sank. He'd cried himself to sleep.
Riley yawned. "I'll change your bandages in the morning."
Zayn just nodded shortly, closing his eyes and letting out a breath of relief. His neck and back muscles relaxed and his nerves calmed down.

His eyes began to feel heavy and even though he was super hungry, he just wanted to sleep.
He felt the light close, and he tried to whisper something reassuring to Daniel. The only thing that came out was 's'okay' before he felt sleep drag him under.

>>>>A/N<<<<
Zayn 😘❤️
Yess my test are now over and I can go back to enjoying school lol. My tiny baby is so wonderful. After voting tons for him and crowning him king, he posts a pic of himself and aww. I love him so much. And how the hell is he able to look that good? I admit I want a color picture. Even though I like the black and white ones, it's been long.

xx