[13]

13- Zayn
Chapter dedication: @GarnetaMckenzie

Zayn had never been so cold in his life. He was sure that he would die freezing. His nose was running and he had to wipe it every time on the jacket, causing Tom to give him a disgusted look. The door swung easily open and Zayn was shoved inside the store. The man must've been pretty rich, by the look of all the glass cases in the large room. The polished floor reflected all the jewelry inside them, blue, red, black rings and golden and silver necklaces. A huge mahogany desk covered the different keys to the cases. As Zayn was about to walk further to look up the stairs and see what was on the second floor, he was pulled back roughly by Jeff. "Butch, check the alarms." Tom commanded. Butch pulled out a device from Tom's backpack, and Zayn stared at the armchair missingly. It wouldn't hurt if he just-
Without saying anything, he plopped down on the warm seat with a sigh. Tom was about to yell at him, he could se it, but Butch cut him off. "No alarms, except on the cases, and the safe if we don't crack the code."
Tom nodded, shooting Zayn a glare. "Jeff, make sure he doesn't do anything."

Zayn didn't even muster the energy to roll his eyes. Instead he curled up in the armchair, thankful that the temperature inside was much better. He was still shivering, but at least not as much as before. Zayn wiped his nose and threw a glance over his shoulder to where Tom and Butch went. They were standing by the cases with keys, and Zayn watched closely. Butch pulled out his own key from his pocket and gently placed it in the tiny keyhole. He turned it around and Zayn waited impatiently for the alarms to go off. Please.
But no, no alarm was triggered and Jeff chuckled as Zayn's shoulders slumped in defeat. Butch and Tom began to pull out a few certain keys, walking off in different directions. As they unlocked the glass cases, he watched with wide eyes as the most beautiful and expensive things were pulled out.  They were really going to carry this out, weren't they? As Butch continued to grab jewelry and stuff them in Tom's backpack, Tom walked over to the safe under the desk. He pulled out some tape, a magnifying glass, a flashlight and a couple of plastic gloves.

Zayn's brows furrowed and he watched intently on what the man was doing. Tom flashed the light at the different numbers on the pad on the side. He then tore on some tape and sticked it to each number, writing the number above lightly with us pen. Zayn watched as Tom pulled the tape away, examining each one with the magnifying glass. Fingerprints, Zayn realized. He was looking for fingerprints. "How many times does this dude open and close the safe?" Butch commented, leaning over Tom's shoulder and looking at the numbers he'd seperated. Zayn had been so curious with watching Tom, he hadn't noticed that Butch had ransacked half of the store. Most glass cases were empty while Jeff was carrying at least three bags, a few on his back as well as in his arms.
"How much time left?" Tom asked.
"Half an hour."
"How many tries before alarm goes off?"
"Three, make it two. It goes out on the third."

Tom nodded, studying the pieces of tape closely. Oddly, he had only three instead of four. "One comes two times." Tom said, tapping his chin. "Then there's seven and nine."
"You could try 1791." Butch suggested.
Tom nodded, biting his lip. He pressed one, seven, nine, and then one again. A beep sounded and he clenched his jaw. "Last try."
"1917 or 1971." Butch said, leaning back on the mahogany desk. It was kind of weird that he didn't seem stressed at all, but Zayn brushed the thought away. He was probably tying to act cool.
"How old is this man?" Tom asked.
"Around forty." Jeff answered shortly.
Tom thought for a moment, then nodded. He looked up at Butch. "Backup plan. What's the time?"
Butch looked down at his watch. "3:45."
"They're here by now." Tom said, nodding at Jeff. "Go give the two everything."

Jeff nodded and left through the back door. Zayn's eyes widened, and his heart began to race. This was it. This was his chance of escaping. The two were too focused on the safe. Zayn pushed himself off the armchair, staggering a bit but managing to straighten himself up. He didn't get far though, Butch's iron grip holding him firmly in place. "Easy grasshopper." he chuckled, and Zayn gritted his teeth. He liked Butch, he really did. The guy was much better than Tom, but Zayn was still a prisoner in his eyes.
"One," Tom said, pressing as he spoke. "Nine. Seven. One."
Zayn sucked in a breath. Come on, Any time now. There was a beep, and Tom pulled the safe opene.
"Wohoo, lovely job man." Butch grinned. Tom smirked, pulling out four wads of cash, bound by some cloth. Zayn felt really bad for the man. He probably had a family to feed, a wife, children he had spared those pounds. "Cut it out." Zayn said, unable to stop himself. "Let the money be, you got the jewels."
Tom chuckled, shaking his head. "Just shut up."

He then pulled out a debit card, and Zayn's heart sank. "Ooh, jackpot. I bet the code is the same." Tom said with a crooked grin. He then picked up all the traces left and wrote something on a piece of paper before putting it inside the safe, closing it's little door. "Oh look at that, we should leave now." Tom mused, looking greatly satisfied with himself. Zayn imagined what would happen to the owner, being robbed of the jewelry and his well-earned money. It made him furious, and Zayn was glad and satisfied with what he did next. He yanked his hand away from Butch's grasp, and ran forward. Lifting the safe up, he threw it as hard as he could, breaking the nearest glass case. The alarms blared, and Zayn watched as Tom's eyes grew wide. Butch's mouth dropped, and the two grabbed Zayn and dragged him out of the door. Shouts were heard by the streets, and Zayn saw a man run up to the store, his face white as sheet.
"I fucking swear I'm going to kill you." Tom whispered harshly in his ear, his nails digging into Zayn's wrist.

>>>>A/N<<<<
Hehe, how was it? 😜
Sorry for the short chapter but it was necessary for the next upcoming ones, that I am super excited to write. The weather sucks here in Norway, and I've got a stupid cold. Ugh. I'm glad the weeks are over, I won't have to leave my bed, lol xD
Thanks for voting and commenting, it always makes me happy, so thank you.
Chapter is dedicated to GarnetaMckenzie for always voting, thank you! ❤️

Love you guys! xx 😘