[69]

69- Zayn

Zayn came to just in time to see a cow give birth. He frowned, rubbing his eyes groggily and blinking them a few times. In front of him, a few meters away, was a cow giving birth on the screen.

"What are you watching?" Liam wondered the question Zayn had been thinking, and Louis cackled. He changed the channel until a game showed up, turning around to grab a can and open it.

"Morning Zayn," Liam greeted as he sat up in the bed. Zayn replied with a quiet 'morning' which was cut off by a yawn. He looked down and saw that someone had put his leg on a few pillows so it was high up. His eyes landed on the game again and he wondered when was the last time he'd actually watched football. Everything had been so hectic that it seemed ages ago.

"Alberto and Preston were asking to meet you, by the way. Your mum won't be coming  till 7-ish tonight and she might be bringing in a few visitors," Louis filled him in as he stuffed his face with crisps. "Niall's out in the hall, talking on the phone with his mum and Harry's at home taking a nap. The girls are in school."
He turned to Zayn after chewing another few. "You seem well rested. Did you sleep good?"

Zayn nodded. "Surprisingly, yeah." If just every sleep could be so peaceful, he thought disdainfully. "When's Alberto and Preston coming?"

"Maybe in an hour or two," Liam said, glancing at his phone.

"They're so going to lose," Louis drawled, grabbing the remote and shutting off the television. "Disgraces."

Liam laughed and shook his head, walking over to the armchair by the bed. "What would you like to eat?"

Zayn shrugged, stretching his arms. He sighed in relief after popping a few stiff joints. "I'm actually not hungry. Woke up in the middle of the night and Harry brought a few toasts and juice."

Liam smiled. "So, all is well?"

Zayn managed a smile back. "Yeah, all is well."

"Bah, nothing's well," Louis complained. He walked over and plopped down on the edge, right beside Zayn's right leg. "I'm bored, let's do something."

Zayn snorted. "You're bored? I'm the one who's stuck in bed."

"Exactly, so let's do something that you can do too," Louis pressed. "Cards? Watch idiots do idiotic things on YouTube? Watch a horror movie? What about I bring the PS4 and we can hit off on Fifa?"

Zayn's eyes lit up at that. Not the other things, but the Fifa suggestion.

"Louis," Liam said sternly. "Zayn probably doesn't-"

"Yeah sure," Zayn said with a smile. Louis' face lit up. "You serious? Ok, ok, since it's been forever since last time, let me make this clear." He grimaced. "Niall and I don't make a good team after all. Every time I team up with that leprechaun, I loose badly."

The door opened. "Who you calling leprechaun?" Niall said. He turned and smiled at Zayn. "Morning, mate."

"We're going to play Fifa," Louis told Niall with a grin. "You and Liam against me and Zayn."

"Hey, why do you get to choose teams?" Liam said, pouting.

Zayn smiled. "Because we're the most bomb team ever."