[50]

50- Louis

Louis's eyes widened and he screamed loudly, "ZAYN!"
Tom pressed the trigger just as Zayn looked up, his face paling as another loud bang sounded through the air.

There was nothing but silence after that. Louis couldn't see Zayn as chaos broke out. Half the policemen had already gone after Butch and now the other half ran after Tom, even the ones who had been making sure the boys stayed in the car. Louis pulled himself inside and unlocked the door, throwing it open. Tears stung his eyes as he ran forward. Two officers were kneeling by Zayn, and a soft gasp left Louis's mouth. Blood, lots of blood by his leg.
Louis's head swarmed and he kneeled by Zayn, who had his eyes squeezed shut in pain, lower lip trembling. Tears stained his face and Louis wiped his own tears away. The other boys sat down beside him, and Harry couldn't stop crying. "You'll be okay, this will be over."

Liam stroked Zayn's hair. Tears were running down his eyes and he lifted Zayn's head up and placed it in his lap. "The ambulance is coming."

Zayn opened his eyes, fresh tears gathering in them. He shook his head, lower lip quivering. "I-it hurts,"

He squeezed his eyes shut again and Harry grabbed his hand while Louis grabbed the other. Niall glanced at the wound, but quickly averted his eyes, biting his lip. Louis didn't dare look. It would be okay, Zayn would be okay. He wiped his cheek just as his other hand was squeezed tightly. Zayn groaned as a cold breeze blew. A sob escaped his mouth and he buried his face in Liam's torso, gritting his teeth.
Suddenly, the sound of an engine starting filled the air and Louis's eyes widened. He looked up to see a van bursting through the window. Fortunately, it was on the other side. Unfortunately, Tom was driving. Beside him sat a girl, Riley, with her arms crossed. Tom's eyes landed on Zayn and he smirked at Louis. Louis's heart raced and he shook his head as he realized something. The van was going to drive towards them.

"Guys-"

Fifteen something police men appeared, beginning to shoot the van. Tom scowled as he ducked, his window shattering. Even so, the van reversed and then began to move forward. Louis began to pull Zayn in a sitting position and the boys catched on, panic and rushed movements as they pulled him up. Louis supported him with one arm and Liam with the other, making sure Zayn wouldn't have to put pressure on the ground. But since Louis was shorter than him, it didn't work completely. Louis cursed under his breath and gave him to Harry. Just then the van engine growled and Louis gulped. Tom grinned as he sped forward and Louis's eyes widened. There was no way out. Where would they take him? There was no place the van wouldn't be able to reach.

A lump of fear appeared in Louis's throat and he swallowed. The van came straight towards them and Niall screamed. Louis closed his eyes. He was fine with dying. At least he would be dying with Harry and his best mates. Just as Louis thought the van might hit him, the screeching of tires rang through the air. He looked up to see that the van had skidded away, and Louis squinted his eyes. From the headlights of the cars, he could see Riley turning the wheel and driving away. The two of them seemed to be arguing, with Tom yelling and getting glared at. Car doors slammed shut as policemen got in their cars. The van crashed into a car in order to get out of the half circle.

Louis breathed heavily, his nerves tingling. "That man is crazy," Niall mumbled shakily.
Louis nodded slowly, his hands shaking. The thought of the van slamming right into them...a shiver ran down his spine. Louis decided that he didn't want to die after all.

"Zayn, open your eyes. Stay awake." Liam's panicked voice came from behind.

Louis turned around and saw Zayn's head leaning lazily on Liam's shoulder, eyes closed.
Louis panicked. "Is he breathing?"

"He's lost so much blood," Harry sniffled.

Just then the sound of ambulance from a bit far away rang through the air, and Louis cupped his warm hands over Zayn's cold cheeks. "Hold on, Zayn. Please stay awake."

He hadn't realized that tears had welled in his eyes until his vision became blurry. Louis wiped them away, shaking Zayn a bit. "Zayn! Zayn wake up!"

But Zayn remained motionless. Louis grabbed Zayn's wrist and pressed his thumb to his pulse. Panic rose inside him as he moved his thumb over the cold skin, and Louis squeezed his eyes shut. "Please, please."

Suddenly, he felt it. Zayn's pulse. It was weak, but it was there. "We have to get him to the hospital, now!"

Policemen rushed and Louis turned to see Butch being pushed forward. Butch glared at him and Louis glared back. Butch's eyes landed on Zayn and a smirk pulled on his lips. Louis turned away, feeling sick to the stomach.

The ambulance arrived five minutes later, pulling up behind them. Everything was happening so fast. Paramedics rushed forward and took Zayn from them, laying him down on a stretcher. They didn't even let anyone inside this time, just drove away. But before they did, they handed Harry a slip of paper. Louis peeked at it and nodded, wiping away his tears. Bradford Royal Infirmary.

Al ran forward. "Officer Miranda will drive you to the hospital, I have some work to attend to." He nodded at them. "Everything will be fine, this will soon be over."
Louis didn't even muster the courage to fake a smile, just nodded and wiped his cheeks. Officer Miranda was a woman with brown hair tucked under a hat and warm brown eyes filled with pity. "Come on."
She led them to her car and the boys climbed inside. As soon as she began to drive towards the hospital, Louis pulled his hoodie over his head and pressed his cheek to the window.

>>>> >>>>>
They rushed into the hospital, barely having time to thank Miranda. Louis felt a creepy sense of deja vù as Harry asked the receptionist for Zayn. It was safe to say that he hated being in the hospital, or rather having a reason to be there.

The lady searched on her laptop. "You'll have to wait, he hasn't been sent to a room yet. Apparently he got shot."

Louis nodded, biting his nail. "Is he okay, though?"

The lady pursed her lips. "I couldn't tell you, you'll have to ask the doctor later."

She typed something on her computer. "I'm assigning room 271 and you can wait there."

Louis felt the color drain from his face. "C-could we get another room?"

The lady looked annoyed. "Is that your highest concern right now, sir?"

She motioned for them to move away and Louis turned around to see an elderly couple waiting. "Talk about major Deja vú," Liam mumbled, wiping his eyes and face. Louis nodded numbly. He felt like ripping his hair out. It was a shot to the leg...

An image of Zayn's bloody leg came to mind and Louis squeezed his eyes shut. There was nothing they could do but wait...for good or bad.

>>>>A/N<<<<
Short, I know. I'm going with my friend to watch Star Wars so I'm not sure if I'll be able to double update 😁😁
I'll try though, so there's a 50% chance.

Don't forget to comment and vote!

xx