[109]

109- Louis

Zayn and Louis' adventurous day started pretty simple and good

Zayn and Louis' adventurous day started pretty simple and good. They ate Chinese takeout on the roof, they took a walk to the nearest park and stayed there until it started to rain. They ended up taking shelter under the pub and Zayn was about to call Liam to pick them up, but his phone was dead. Louis pulled out his phone, but Zayn sent him a mischievous smile. "We haven't had fun in months."

Louis narrowed his eyes. "Hope you're not meaning what I think you're meaning, Malik."

Zayn shrugged innocently, a spark suddenly appearing in his eyes. "What do you think I mean?"

And that's how they'd ended up high in the middle of the day, Zayn more so than Louis. Louis packed the weed and tsked at Zayn. "No more, you're high as a kite."

Zayn laughed as they walked back home and Louis grinned, shushing him, finger on his lips. "We can't go home, the boys will kill you," Zayn stated and he looked so relaxed as he leaned against the brick wall, hands in the pockets of his jeans. He didn't need his crutch to walk anymore, but when it became too much he rested his leg a little.

Zayn pushed his hair back and pointed towards the grocery store across the road. "I hate that store."

Louis looked at him softly. "Justified, considering what's happened."

Zayn chuckled and shook his head. "Everything is like a movie, playing in my head. I keep thinking, what if I hadn't hung up on Liam? What if I'd walked home? What if I hadn't gone grocery shopping that day?"

"There wasn't anything you could do," Louis said quietly. If Zayn had avoided Tom that day, the fucker would have just appeared again days later. He had seemed intent on using Zayn as a prize.

He leaned beside Zayn, this being the first time Zayn had spoken out on his feelings to him, especially when it came down to the kidnapping. He was always so closed about the topic. They'd heard the story superficially, but not in depth.

"When's the tour again?" Zayn wondered suddenly and Louis looked up, shrugging. "In two months, no concrete dates, but that's around when management wants us to get back."

Zayn hummed at that, and Louis wondered what was going on in that head of his. He then groaned and pushed himself off the wall. "Harry. Nine o'clock."

Louis looked to their left and sure enough, Harry was walking towards them. He waved to them, smiling.

"You're gonna get me in trouble," Louis mumbled and he waved back. Zayn giggled. "Wait till you meet Liam."

Louis couldn't help but laugh at that and how free Zayn was at the moment. "Should we run?" he asked and the familiar twinkle that hadn't been there in months appeared in Zayn's eyes. "Let's go," he said.

And they ran down the street, away from Harry. Louis pulled Zayn around the corner, helping him with his healing leg. "This was a horrible idea!" he exclaimed and he glanced at Zayn who was grinning. "It wasn't! There are stairs that lead up to the roof, climb over the back garden!"