[58]

58- Zayn

Zayn woke up with a soft gasp, sweat rolling down his neck. His heart thumped wildly in his chest. He held his throbbing head in his hands, the room spinning around him. He took deep breaths, trying to calm his heart down. After awhile, he sat back, looking up. The room was dark, moonlight escaping the blinds and illuminating the small hospital room. Liam was sleeping on his right side, head resting on the bed. Louis was curled by his feet like before, and his mum was sleeping with her head by his arm.
He didn't exactly know what had happened, but he'd panicked in his sleep. Zayn tried to remember what he had dreamt about, but he only managed to capture fragments of the dream. A gun going off, a cold feeling down his spine. He pursed his lips, running his hand through his messy hair.

A pitcher of water was placed on his bedside table and Zayn poured himself sone water into the glass beside it. He brought the glass to his lips, his hands shaking slightly. His gaze hardened and he locked his jaw. Get your shit together, it was just a dream.
After downing the glass, he let out a breath, placing it back on the table. The sheets had been taken away from him and instead a white duvet had been placed over his legs. His left leg was resting on a long and thick pillow. Zayn snuggled into the warmth of the duvet, closing his eyes. But he couldn't sleep.
He ended up lying there with his eyes open, staring at the moon, wishing for sleep to engulf him.

>>>> >>>>>
The next time he woke up, it was because of loud chatter. His eyes scrunched in his sleep, the light shining on his closed lids. He opened them to see a khaki colored roof and Zayn frowned, sitting up slowly. He was in another room, more spacious than the previous one. There was a brown couch on the far wall by the window, five or six chairs lined up around a circular table. A door to the left led to what Zayn believed was the bathroom.

"Hey, good morning!" Louis said cheerily, holding up a can of Coke. Zayn nodded in greeting, rubbing his eyes and yawning. A hand touched his shoulder, thumb rubbing the back of his neck. Zayn looked up at Liam who gave him a small smile. "How are you feeling?"

"Stiff," Zayn replied, stretching. He exhaled in relief as a few joints pooped, the sound of cracking bones being heard. It was true though, his back felt very stiff. He concluded that it was probably because of the ointment, and he sat up straighter. His mum walked over to him with a bowl of soup, pulling up a chair and sitting down. "Good morning, dear."

"Morning," Zayn smiled, Safaa tackling him in a hug. "You're not in school?"

"It's Saturday, silly," Safaa grinned, hoisting her self up on the edge of the bed.

Niall looked up from where he was seated on the couch, munching on some crisps. "Brought your shirt by the way."

Zayn's eyes lit up and Liam walked over to the arm of the couch where two of his shirts were. "Brought two."

He walked over and showed them to Zayn. The first one was his black and white misfits shirt, the whit skull grinning up at him. The other one was a long sleeved grey Harley Davidson shirt. Zayn decided on the latter and he carefully took off the stupid hospital gown. "I'll wear this one," he said, grabbing the shirt.

"Ha, knew it," Louis said, sipping on some soup by the table.

Zayn rolled his eyes playfully. Suddenly, light cool fingertips touched his back and Zayn recoiled from the cold. He looked up to see Liam staring at his back, jaw locked. His fingertips trailed lightly up the harsh skin above the bandages. Zayn moistened his lips, pulling away. Liam's eyes snapped to his and his gaze softened. "What happened?"
That sparked curiosity in the others and Harry frowned, walking forward and glancing at his back. Zayn cleared his throat as Niall and Louis did the same. Waliyha walked forward and he took on his shirt, feeling uncomfortable now. Safaa scrunched her face, standing up. "What? What's on his back?"

"Nothing, I think it must be a mosquito bite or something," Zayn covered up, feeling his hand being squeezed by his mum. He glanced at her and her smile was watery. She planted a soft kiss on his forehead.

"I made some soup today," she said, changing the subject quickly. "I think it turned out pretty good."

"More than pretty good," Doniya said, resting her chin on her mother's head.

"I have no hard time believing that," Zayn smiled, opening his mouth as his mother spoon fed him.

He threw a quick glance at Louis who's look could have wilted any flower. Zayn looked away from Louis's poisonous look, eyes landing on Liam. He was pacing. Liam only paced when he was overthinking things or was stressed out. Zayn sighed, licking his lips and turning to his mum. He opened his mouth for the spoon and swallowed the soup. He savored the curry taste on his lips, humming. "It's delicious."

Trisha smiled, pushing his hair fringe back with her fingers.

Louis stood up and left the room silently, Liam's eyes snapping upwards. He sighed, following after him. Zayn glanced at Harry who gave him an apologetic smile. He sat down by the bed, Niall joining him.

"You're okay now," Niall said, eyes serious. Zayn's heart softened and he smiled. "I know, don't worry about me."

Harry snorted. "That's like not possible."

Zayn glanced down. "I know, I'm sorry"

Harry's brow furrowed. "Hey, I didn't mean it in a bad way. This was not your fault."

"Yeah okay," Zayn said, brushing him off. He looked around. "When did I get here?" he asked, changing the topic.

"The room downstairs was smaller so we talked to Dr. Morgan and he arranged one of the expensive rooms," Waliyha explained. She motioned to the room. "It's more homey and since you'll be spending some time here, we thought it was best not to crowd the room downstairs. "

Harry glanced at his phone. "Uhm, I'll be back."

Zayn frowned. "Why, what happened?"

Harry shook his head, and Zayn could see right through his forced smile. Thousands of heart to heart conversations and five years of being together, one would think Harry would know how well Zayn knew him.

"What did Louis do?" Zayn asked exasperatedly.

Harry scratched the back of his head, shrugging. "Liam just texted me. It's nothing big, don't worry."

Zayn narrowed his eyes as Harry left, his hurried pace saying otherwise. Niall peacefully munched on his chips and when Zayn glanced at him, he grinned. "Hi!"

"Do you know what it was?" Zayn asked, curiosity eating him from the inside.

Niall avoided his eyes. "I might or might not have read the message."

"Zayn, I'm sure it's nothing," his mother said. Zayn sighed, opening his mouth for the spoon. "I just hope they're not doing anything stupid."

"Oh my god, they're not," Waliyha said, eyes fixated on the screen of her phone. An excited grin broke out on her face and Trisha raised a eyebrow. "What is it?"

"Nothing special," Waliyha said slyly, pushing her phone back in her pocket. She smirked at Zayn. "Just something little called revenge."

Zayn's eyes narrowed in curiosity, Waliyha and Niall looking at each other and grinning nervously.

>>>>A/N<<<<
*sniff* *sniff* school starts tomorrow.

xx