[55]

55- Zayn:

Zayn sighed, rubbing his eyes. He looked around to find the room empty except for the four sleeping boys whose positions had changed. On Zayn's left was Harry, the boy's mop of long hair resting on the bed on his crossed arms, breathing through his parted lips. Longer down on the left was Liam who's head rested on his shoulder, arms crossed and feet pulled up. Zayn smiled softly, a warm feeling bubbling inside him. Liam looked so peaceful, not a care in the world.
By Zayn's feet, Louis had probably found out that there was a small space because he had curled up as a kitten and was snoring softly, beanie pulled down to his eyes. Zayn had been tempted to kick the idiot off the bed as a hello, but he decided against it after Doniya's comment about finally being able to sleep peacefully.
He turned his head to the right where Niall always ended up clutching his arm. The lad was a hugger in his sleep, breathing evenly through his nose while he nuzzled his cheek in the hospital gown sleeve. Zayn scrunched his nose at what he was wearing. He'd asked his mum abut his own clothes and she'd talked to the doctor. He had agreed that Zayn could change clothes a few days later since it would be easier with his leg and all.

Zayn eventually found himself playing with Harry's long hair, twirling it around his fingers. He tried to braid, but proved to be unskilled when the braid became a mess of hair. Zayn combed his fingers through it, really missing his phone right now or some kind of company. He wanted to wake the boys up so badly, but he didn't want to be rude either. They probably were tired. When did they come to the warehouse anyway? Zayn closed his eyes and let out a breath, even thinking about last night giving him chills. He pushed all the negative thoughts to the back of his brain, his heart heavy.

Maybe he'd tugged too hard or maybe Harry was fully rested because the lad's eyes fluttered. The heaviness in Zayn's heart dissipated as a small smile formed on his lips. He tried to hide his grin as Harry's eyes opened, emerald green irises staring up at Zayn. A few seconds passed in which a groggy Harry blinked and stared, Zayn grinning. He wanted to make some kind of cool punchline for dramatic effect, but the only words that left his mouth was, "Hi."
Harry blinked, his eyes widening. He sat up suddenly, rubbing his eyes. He then narrowed his eyes at Zayn, poking his nose and forehead. Zayn stared at the finger that was poking him, wondering what the hell the mop head was doing.

Not a second later he was squeezed in a hug and Zayn buried his head in Harry's  shoulder, wrapping his arms around the lad.
"You're okay, now," Harry whispered and Zayn's heart warmed. Not at the words, no, because he was not completely okay, but from the fact that it was Harry's first thought to say. To reassure his best friend that he was okay. And maybe, just maybe Harry was partially right. Maybe things weren't okay at the time, but they would be.
Zayn heard Harry sniff and his heart sank. He'd told himself not to cry when his sisters would come or the boys would wake up, though it seemed to be harder than he'd actually thought. Harry pulled back, wiping his eyes. "God, I hate you."

Zayn smiled weakly, eyes stinging. He rubbed his right eye with his finger, letting out a slight laugh. "Nah, you love me."

Harry smiled, dimple popping and he leaned down to give Zayn another hug. He then turned to the other boys with a smirk.

"Oh, I know that smirk," Zayn said. And I've missed it too.

"Knowing that I'm the first one who gets to meet you after all this time is empowering," Harry cackled.

Zayn rolled his eyes playfully. "I woke up to mum first. The girls have met me already."

Harry pouted. "Oh well, I'm number one out of us four though."

"So what did you have in mind?" Zayn asked.

"The way you woke me up," Harry rolled his eyes. "Tugging at my hair, really?"

"Hey, I was bored. Besides, that wasn't my intention in the first place." Zayn raised his palms up in defense.

Harry smiled and shook his head, combing his hair through his fingers. "Yeah right. You love my hair, don't deny it Malik."

Zayn laughed slightly, shaking his head. Harry's eyes lightened and he smiled, dimple carving in his cheek. Zayn was glad things turned out good. He'd be okay. Yeah, he was fine. He had everyone around him now.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Harry asked worriedly, eyebrows knitted.

Zayn looked up. "What?"

"Your smiled dropped, I just..." Harry shook his head, plastering a smile. "Never mind. Any ideas?"

Zayn felt Niall tug on his arm and he turned to see the Irish lad stir in his sleep. Zayn bit his lip as he waited for Niall's next move. Niall ran a hand through his hair, muttering something under his breath. His eyes were still closed and he placed his head back on Zayn's arm, nuzzling his nose in the skin since the sleeve got pulled up.

"He's not going to wake up until tomorrow," Harry commented and Zayn winced as a stinging pain shot up his hand. Harry had accidentally nudged Zayn's arm with his knee, shaking the needle in his hand.

"I'm sorry, you okay?" Harry asked worriedly, eyebrows knitted. Zayn let out a breath, nodding. "I'm fine, calm down."

Harry nodded, sitting back. He turned to glance at Louis and Liam, a devilish grin pulling up on his lips. He told Zayn the plan and Zayn was hesitant first, but he nodded.
"We've been sleeping for awhile, so it's okay," Harry said, checking the time on his phone. Zayn felt the absence of his phone again and he sighed, hoping he'd be getting a new one.

So Harry initiated the plan- he tickled Louis. He stood on the end of the bed, tickling Louis's sides. Louis didn't react at first, but soon he began to squirm. He then snapped, lifting his head up, a wide scowl on his face, his eyes groggily shut.
He swatted Zayn's foot and Liam's leg while kicking Niall in the shin (to which Niall mumbled something incoherently in his sleep).
"Oi oii," Harry imitated Louis, grinning from ear to ear. Zayn waited for Louis to open his eyes, but the lad had slumped back against the bed as he continued on sleeping.

"Oh come on!" Harry said, poking Louis's sides. Louis groaned, eyes fluttering. "What is it Harry?" he whined. Harry didn't answer, stifling a laugh as he ducked under the bed.

"Harry?" Louis yawned, rubbing his eyes. His eyes fluttered open and Zayn smiled at him. "Oh hey, you're awake."

>>>>A/N<<<<
Comment and vote for a double update? 😊😊😊

xx