[23]

23- Zayn

Zayn closed his eyes and tried to steady his breathing. He was aware of the fact that the girl was probably staring at him, and that he had cried in front of her, but the sharp pain in his head was all he could focus on. He'd never been the one to show pain because it always made people fuss and worry about him. But now, just after having thrown up, he really wanted someone to fuss and be worried for him. "Do you want Paracet or Ibrufen?" she asked carefully, and Zayn opened his eyes. "Yeah." he managed to croak.
The girl walked over to the bedside table and pulled out the front drawer. Picking up a leaf of Ibrufen, she grabbed the water bottle and poured it into a glass. Zayn didn't have time to hope that the glass was clean because the sound of keys rattling against the door made both of their eyes widen. The girl handed him the glass and pill quickly, Zayn downing them in an instant. He didn't want to have the ropes around him again, but he didn't want the girl to see Butch's wrath wither and so she quickly helped him just wrap them loosely around him before walking over to the bed.

Just as she began to make the bed and pick up the trash on it, the door opened and Butch walked in, kicking his boots off. He wasn't alone, however, as Jeff staggered behind him. The guy had his arm in a sling, and he looked quite pale as he walked over and plopped down carefully on the armchair. His eyes landed on Zayn and they immediately darkened. His one hand curled into a fist and he let out a deep breath, a vein throbbing by his temple.
"Now, Now. All in due time." Butch chuckled, sitting down in the other chair and propping his feet on the side table. He sniffed and them made a grimace, eyes landing on the bucket. "Yuck, did you throw up?"
Zayn attempted to roll his eyes, but failed miserably, as the room began to tilt.
"Riley, hey, can you like remove it, or throw it away before I get sick?"
The girl, Riley, rolled her eyes. "Sure."
"You seem in a mood." Butch noted, crossing his arms behind his head. Riley shrugged. "Hard day at work today."

"So, how's it going eh?" Jeff growled, startling Zayn. The man never talked much, but now that he was, it was kind of scary. His voice was heavy and a bone chilling raspy.
"Fine." Zayn bit the inside of his cheek as he watched Jeff scoff. Butch laughed, as usual finding amusement in the most bizarre things. "I'm starving." he said, glancing up at the clock on the wall. "I ordered pizza by the way."
Jeff sighed. "Thanks. The police is looking all over the place, y'know?"
Butch shrugged. "I know. My main goal here is to get the money first, the we can move hideout."
Jeff grimaced as he shifted his weight. "And Tom? Had any contact with him?"
There was a knock on the door, and Butch gave Riley a look. The girl gave him an annoyed look back as she walked towards the door and opened it.
"I'll take care of him later, give him the money he needs." Butch gave Jeff a pointed look. "Which you will have to help me with, or we're doomed."

Riley walked back in and held her hand out. Butch reached into his jeans pocket and handed her the money before going back to talking to Jeff.
Zayn tuned them out, eyes drooping and he blamed it on the tablets. But he was adamant to eat something, knowing that the two gorillas would probably not spare anything for him.
Riley walked inside and placed the pizza on the table, opening the lid. It smelled so good and Zayn's stomach rumbled. Butch and Jeff began to dig in, giving Riley a piece which she accepted and plopped down on the bed. What was she to them? How did she know Butch?
Butch looked up and caught Zayn's hungry gaze. The man stood up and pulled the ropes away and Zayn stretched his legs on the sofa. He was much much happier- no, satisfied- to be sleeping on it than the cold concrete warehouse floor with the crisp air stinging his skin.

Butch took a bite out of the slice in his hand, picking up a pizza bite and handing it to Zayn. Zayn ate it like he just hadn't eaten yesterday, but what could he say, he was used to more than one meal in the day. His mum's cooking came to mind, and his heart sank because maybe he would never be able to taste it again. Suddenly the pizza didn't seem so heavenly. Zayn cleared his throat, crossing his legs and leaning his head on the wall behind him. The fact that his own head fell heavy to him, the pounding in his head hurting badly, annoyed him. He supposed that anyone would at least catch a cold from sleeping in the cold for three nights straight, but the reasoning did nothing to his mood as he sneezed. Zayn wondered how Liam was. Go check on Liam and see if his fever is any better?
Zayn frowned. Liam's cold had turned into a fever? His chest tightened as the complete Skype call went through his mind again, and he bit his lip, hoping they understood what he meant with the bank thing. He hoped they understood that he was trying to warn them, that the two kidnappers would be robbing a bank.