[87]

87- Liam
Vote because long update and double update 😘
Dedicated to: @amber200girl because I can always count on her to vote and comment 💕💕💕 thank you 😊

Liam rubbed his hands on his jeans, bouncing his knee up and down. "I could've come another day," he said with a sigh.

Trisha smiled, shaking her head. "I think it's good that he will have boys round. These two weeks have been pretty boring." She picked up the cup of tea and gave Liam one, tilting her head. "You didn't try to contact him."

"I reckoned he needed some time," Liam admitted, shoulders slumping. "Two weeks is a lot of time and I missed him too much." He brought the cup to his lips. "Dunno if he'll even be happy to see me, we didn't exactly leave off on good terms."

Trisha rolled her eyes. "You boys are so...typical sometimes. Of course he'll be happy to see you. The bond you five share can't be broken by a few decisions one deems necessary. Zayn thinks the best for him is to handle everything on his own." She shook her head. "I don't even get how he's able to stay this stubborn."

Liam chuckled at that and he stood up, the two of them walking back towards his room. "I did call to give my New Year wishes, but he was asleep."

"Doniya told me," Trisha said, her voice sympathetic. "Zayn hasn't changed much though. He has grown a weird obsession with the window, but he's getting better. And I'm sure he'll feel a lot better once he gets discharged."

Liam nodded at that, smiling. Zayn would be coming home on Monday, and hopefully his mood would change. The window thing caught his attention though. "Why, I thought he liked seeking warmth?"

Trisha shrugged, a frown on his face. "I don't know, I still don't get it. And he refuses to sleep with the girls around." She pushed open the door, nodding at Preston, Zayn's guard. Liam shook hands and greeted him before walking inside. Trisha took his cup of tea and placed it on the table.

It was cold in the room, and the window was indeed open. The January air was not any lighter. Zayn was lying on the sofa, blanket placed on his legs. He was holding an iPad in his hand, earbuds in his ear as he watched something. Liam hadn't seen him so relaxed in a long time.

"He said his leg hurt a lot, and the nurse gave him morphine," Trisha explained, as if she'd read his thoughts.

Liam scratched the back of his neck, not knowing what to do. "Do you think I'd scare him if just suddenly sat down by?"

Trisha walked over to Zayn and stood beside him. Looking up, he paused whatever he was watching with a sheepish smile. It was then that he noticed Liam standing on the right and his eyes widened. "Mum, I think I'm hallucinating."

Trisha stepped back and Liam lifted a hand. "Hey. And no, you're not." He was shocked by how tired Zayn's eyes were. Slightly bloodshot and carrying bags under his eyes. He wasn't sleeping at all, was he?

Zayn let the iPad rest in his lap, and he opened his arms. "Finally, my people."
Liam smiled at the sudden change from the last time they'd talked. Even though it must be the relaxing morphine induced Zayn taking, it was a welcoming gesture. Not complaining, he walked forward and bent down to hug the boy. He'd missed him, always worrying what could go wrong. There didn't pass a day without him drilling the other boys for updates.

"I missed you so much," Zayn said with a sigh. He pulled back and frowned. "Where are the other boys?"

"Coming in a few days. They'll be here on Wednesday, I think." Liam leaned forward to close the window. He didn't want to say it out loudly but Zayn wasn't looking better. His injuries might be getting better, but his eyes were completely strained, and having an addiction to the cold could not be good.