[53]

53- Trisha

Trisha chuckled softly. The boys had ended up sleeping on chairs and were surrounding Zayn's bed. She walked over to Liam who's mouth was open, his breathing soft and even. "Liam dear, take the boys home. You can come tomorrow."

"No," he mumbled tiredly. "Don't want to leave him."

"I'll call you as soon as he wakes up, okay?" Trisha reasoned. Liam sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I'll send the boys home, but I'm staying."

Trisha pursed her lips. "Doniya is taking the girls home, you four should go too. It's three a.m."

Liam glanced at Zayn who was still sleeping. "But what if he wakes up?"

"I'll be there, I'm staying tonight." Trisha reassured him with a smile. Liam sighed, his eyes showing how hesitant he was. He glanced at Zayn again and shook his head. "I won't be able to sleep anyways if I go home."

Trisha eventually agreed and then moved forward to wake Niall who was fast asleep with his head resting on the bed, holding Zayn's hand, lips parted as he breathed heavily.
Trisha shook him lightly. "Niall, why don't you take the boys and go home. Doniya and the girls have the car."

Niall remained motionless. Trisha shook him again. "Niall?"

His eyes moved under his eyelids and he yawned. "If it's Louis, then shut up. If it's Harry, then go somewhere else. If it's Liam, I'll talk to you later." Another yawn. "Aand if it's Trisha, I'm not going home."

Trisha crossed her arms. "Don't you want to sleep on a proper bed?"

"Oh it's Trisha," he mumbled, sitting up and yawning. He rubbed his eyes, looking up at her under half-open lids. "Hmm?"

"Doniya's got the car." Trisha smiled at him. "You should go home and get some rest."

Niall ran a hand through his hair, yawning. He rested his head back on the bed, closing his eyes again. "No, I'm okay."

Trisha crossed her arms. Oh well, she'd tried her best. She pulled the last chair to the side of the room, under the light. She then pulled out a book and began to pass her time.

>>>> >>>>>
After an hour or so, her eyes began to droop and she stifled a yawn. She marked her page and closed the book, placing it on Zayn's side table. Trisha stood up and stretched. She walked over to Zayn, between Liam and Harry and bent down to give him a soft kiss on the forehead. Her heart ached to hug him, tell him he'd be okay but that wouldn't be happening until he woke up.
Trisha walked over to the light switch. There were three of them, one for the left side of the room, one for the middle where Zayn was and one for the right where she'd been sitting. As she shut the two lights on the each side, about to shut the one on the right she heard a soft yawn. She switched the light on to tell whichever boy that was awake to go home. Her lips parted in surprise as Zayn pulled his hands away from Harry and Niall's grasp, rubbing his eyes.

Trisha broke into a wide smile, the tears threatening to well up in her eyes. She walked over to the bed and pushed the button on the side. The bed lifted up and Zayn's eyes widened slightly in surprise as he was now in a sitting position. Trisha wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tightly. Tears welled up in her eyes and she sniffled quietly. She'd missed him so painfully much.
Zayn's arms wrapped around her, burying his face in her shoulder. She heard him sniff. Trisha wiped her tears, reminding herself to be strong for him. Her pain was nothing matched to his. She couldn't even imagine how scared her baby had been.
"I missed you so much, mum," Zayn cried into her shoulder, sniffling. Trisha's heart sank and she ran her hand through his hair. "I missed you too," she whispered.

They stayed there for awhile and Trisha let Zayn let it all out. She stroked his hair softly, sitting down at the edge of the bed. "You're okay now," she whispered soothingly, massaging Zayn's scalp gently.
Zayn hummed in appreciation, eyes shut. A few minutes later, he let out a breath, opening his eyes again and stretching. Trisha stroked his cheek, smiling softly. "You okay?"

He nodded, looking around the room. His eyes fell on the boys and a faint smile pulled up on his lips. His eyes then widened and he glanced at her. "Did the police send Daniel home? Wait, do you know-"

Trisha squeezed his hand. "Relax. Daniel's parents came to pick him up." Trisha's gaze hardened. "Butch, Tom and the rest of their men got arrested."

Zayn's eyes lit up after that and Trisha's heart felt like lead. It was partially true. The search for Tom remained apparently, while Butch had been captured.
She leaned forward and squeezed Zayn in another hug. He hugged her back, shoulders slumping down in relief. "I'm sorry for what I always put you through," he mumbled by her ear.

Trisha shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. "You just focus on getting better. Promise me."

"I promise."

Trisha pulled back and smiled, cupping his face in her hands. She stared at those dull hazel eyes that had once been filled with light. "I love you, don't ever forget that. Whatever happens in this world, if I'll be here the next day or not, I'll always love you. You're loved Zayn, look around you. Everyone cares about you. Keep that in mind."

Tears welled up in his eyes and he nodded, glancing at the boys. "I love you too, mum."

Trisha smiled, wiping his eyes and kissing his cheek softly. "I'll go get you some water, yeah?"

Zayn nodded, smiling slightly.

>>>> >>>>>>
Trisha smiled softly, rubbing her thumb above his hand. After drinking some water, he'd asked about the girls and Trisha had plunged into telling him about Safaa's upcoming Christmas play. His eyes had started drooping, his voice coming out hoarser, and so she'd told him to go to sleep. She glanced up at him and studied him carefully, drinking in every detail that had changed in these weeks.

His hair as well as his stubble had grown, his hair almost touching eyebrows. His long eyelashes framed his closed eyelids, chest rising and falling. His lips were parted as he breathed through his mouth, his hand intertwined tightly with hers.
Trisha lifted his hand and gave it a small kiss, placing her other hand on top of it. Whatever happened from now on, Zayn wouldn't be alone. She was going to be right beside him.

>>>>A/N<<<<
Sorry for the long wait. Comment and vote for a double update?

Merry Christmas! 🎅🏼🎄😘 xx