[63]

63- Zayn:

Zayn woke up the next day because of the light seeping through the curtains, shining on his closed eyelids. He frowned in his sleep, turning around. A sharp pain ran up his leg and his eyes immediately flew open. He relaxed when he saw that he'd only bumped his leg onto the edge of the bed and he managed to pull it back to himself. For some reason, he felt happy to know he could move it around again. Painful, yes, but it was better than not being able to move it at all.

His eyes slowly adjusted to the light and they settled upon Louis who was curled on the couch, seeming to be in a deep slumber. The door to the bathroom opened and Harry stepped out, shutting the light off. He looked up and smiled slightly, looking somewhat tired. "Good morning."

Zayn moistened his chapped lips. "Morning." His voice came out croaky and Harry walked over to the bedside table to pour him some water. Zayn accepted the glass with a thanks and downed it immediately. The water was cool against his throat and he exhaled. Harry poured him another glass and Zayn downed that one too, feeling incredibly thirsty. It wasn't until his third and a half glass that he wiped his mouth, satisfied. Harry chuckled. "Someone's thirsty."

Zayn smiled slightly. "Yeah." He looked around. "Where's everybody?" He frowned.

Liam didn't come back last night, nor did Niall. He had a bad feeling in his gut, knowing how upset Liam tended to get. "Where's Liam and Niall?" he asked Harry with a raised eyebrow. Harry bit his lip. "Niall's at home, he'll be here soon."

"And Liam?" Zayn asked worriedly.

"I don't know..." Harry said. He sighed, turning to look at Louis. "He was hanging out with Louis last night but after that, I don't know."

Zayn pursed his lips, growing worried. He again felt the absence of his phone and he groaned. "I lost my phone, do you think you can somehow get me a new one?"

Harry's apologetic face lit up. "I have your phone."

Zayn raised his eyebrows, the statement taken him by surprise. "You have my phone? How?"

The last time he remembered having his phone was two weeks back when Tom had used it to call Waliyha. Zayn pushed the memory to the back of his mind.

"We tried to track it and we ended up finding it in a warehouse."

Zayn breathed a sigh of relief, a bit excitement bubbling inside him. He'd missed it a lot. "Do you have it now?"

Harry smiled sheepishly. "No, but I can ask Niall to bring it on his way here?"

Zayn smiled. "Thanks, I thought I'd have to buy a new one."

Harry smiled back. "No problem, I'll call Trisha and tell her you're awake."

"Where is she?" Zayn asked, stifling a yawn as he stretched his arms above his head. He grimaced when the muscles in his back hurt.

"Home. She hasn't been home for awhile so we thought it'd be good for her to get some proper rest," Harry explained, pulling Zayn bed in a sitting position.

Zayn couldn't help but smile genuinely. "Thanks man."

Harry nodded. "No problem." He sat down on the edge of the bed, resting his socketed feet on the chair. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay," Zayn said, shrugging. He didn't feel too bad, actually better than yesterday.

Harry pursed his lips. "And your back?"

"It's fine, I'm okay now," Zayn said as he noticed the atmosphere changing into a bit tense one.

"What happened?" Harry asked, playing with the button on his sleeve. He sighed, those emerald green eyes boring into Zayn's.