[86]

86- Trisha

Dr. Morgan looked at the window. "It's freezing in here." He turned to Zayn, a worried expression on his face. "Aren't you cold?"

Zayn shook his head with a shrug. When Trisha had suggested closing the window, he had stopped her, saying the room was in need of fresh air.

Nina, the nurse, placed her hand on Zayn's. "You're very cold, Zayn."

"I'm closing the window," Trisha said, standing up and doing so before Zayn could protest. He only let out a sigh and nodded.

Nina went through his regular check-up, and showed Dr. Morgan her notes. The doctor nodded and turned to Zayn with a smile. "Your health has improved profoundly. You were on the verge of hypothermia when we first admitted you, and you had several bruises on your stomach. Your back was hurt and the skin has now been treated daily, resulting in better conditions. You'll just have to continue with the remedy." Dr. Morgan clasped his hands together. "Your leg is on it's way to recovery, but it needs time. The Tom incident didn't cause a setback, and you can start trying to walk by next week. This week the goal will be to give it as much rest as possible. We reckon you'll be discharged next Monday."

Trisha smiled at the news and squeezed Zayn's hand, shocked at how cold it was. Zayn smiled and nodded "That's great."

"Nina will apply the rest of the ointment. You're getting better Zayn, keep it up," Dr. Morgan said encouragingly.

He left and Nina smiled reassuringly, bringing forth the salve that was working it's magic. Trisha glanced at Zayn, ecstatic that he was being discharged. Maybe even more so than himself. It had been hectic going back and forth, especially since the house wasn't close and they couldn't make often trips. She rubbed his cold hand with her warm one, trying to compare his health to before.

It was true, he'd become a lot better. His skin had been pale and had now returned to it's tan color. His stubble had been longer back then, but since Zayn had shaved last week, there wasn't much you could tell about that. His figure was still weakly thin, though the bruises on his cheek and jaw had disappeared.

And as Nina lifted his shirt up, his stomach was also ridding itself of the bruises there, only one left on his right abdomen. Trisha stood up and kissed Zayn's cool forehead, grabbing the salve to help Nina.

Her son was getting better and she hoped it would stay that way. Zayn had experienced emotional scars from the past years, mostly from almost being murdered two times. They had been covered though as Zayn slowly moved on, and instead of pitying himself he'd grown to be proud of what he'd done. This year, he'd received another one for the same reasons, and Trisha hoped he'd recover from this one too. His captures would be sentenced to jail, and he would be given justice for the harsh actions that had been conflicted upon him.

Her phone rang and Trisha grabbed it with her free hand, answering the call. "Hello?"

"Oh thank god, hi Trisha. It's' Louis," Louis said from the other line. Trisha smiled. She knew the boys had been trying to contact them, Zayn mostly ignoring their calls. She'd been too busy to hold contact, but the girls had told her they'd talked with the boys, updating on what Zayn had been doing everyday. Except for Liam, he hadn't been interested in talking to Zayn, only in knowing his condition.

"Oh how's everybody in Doncaster?" Trisha asked, massaging the last on Zayn's stomach. His head snapped at the sound of Doncaster and he shook his head as if he'd already predicated what Louis said next.

"Oh it's wonderful, everyone's fine here. I've been trying to talk to Zayn, but he's been too busy. I reckon there's a lot to do in that bed. Can I talk to him?" Louis said sarcastically and Trisha bit back a smile as Zayn looked at her curiously. "You know how he is, used to distancing himself," she said pointedly, raising her eyebrow at Zayn who frowned.