[39]

39- Niall

Safaa groaned, her backpack looking heavy as she lifted it up. "Here," Niall said with a smile and grabbed it from her. She thanked him as they stepped out of the car and into the crisp air. The sun was shining, obscured by the white cloudy sky. As Niall walked up the steps of the house, the girls followed quickly. He opened the door and ushered them inside. "It's freezing," he said, shivering as he entered the house.
Waliyha agreed as she hung her jacket on the rack. Niall kicked off his shoes and placed Safaa's bag on the floor before taking off jacket.
"Oh for god's sake, Liam!" Louis yelled as they entered the house.
"Mum, we're home!" Safaa yelled, plopping down on the couch with a sigh. Waliyha smiled at her sadly as she went to the kitchen. Niall walked upstairs, curious of what was going on. Louis was standing outside Liam's room, the door being locked.
"He's sleeping, and ugh I forgot my sweats in there," he complained.
Niall shrugged. "Let the guy sleep then. Why are your sweats there in the first place?"
"I know, but at least he can open the door. And I had to change in his room because mine was so cold."

Niall gave him a pointed look. "He's asleep, what do you expect?"
"Okay, fine. I'm wearing yours. Harry and I are going out for awhile, by the way." Louis grumbled, and Niall stifled a laugh. "They won't fit you, they'll be too big on your small waits."
Louis pushed him playfully before disappearing down the stairs. Niall decided on taking a short nap in his room. He was about to leave when he heard a sniffle coming from behind Liam's door. Was Liam crying?
Niall's heart felt like lead as he walked back and pressed his ear to the wooden door.
"Liam?" he asked softly, and the sniffling stopped.
"I know you're awake." Niall mumbled. "Open up, mate."
"I'm fine, just go away Niall." Liam replied in a monotone voice.
"Come on, please open the door." Niall sighed.
Shuffling was heard before the door swung open, and Liam sighed at him. "Just grab the damn sweats and leave."

Niall frowned at him, Liam's puffy eyes gave away that he was crying. He opened his mouth to say something comforting, but Liam cut him off.
"I'm fine, just grab the sweats and leave," Liam said harshly. He seemed so sad even though he was trying to be angry.
Niall did the first thing that came to mind. He pulled Liam in a hug.
The older lad seemed surprised at first, but then he wrapped his arms around Niall. His shoulders racked as he let out a few sobs, and Niall swallowed.
"I just miss him so much," Liam said, sniffling. He pulled back and plopped down on his bed. "I miss him so fucking much, I just want him to be here with me."
Niall had no idea how to respond. He didn't want to say that it would be okay because they all knew what kind of risky situation they were in. Knowing the next heist, yet not knowing the time, date, day or location. Instead of saying anything, he sat down beside Liam and let the lad rest his head on his shoulder as he continued to speak.
"I dreamt about him last night." Liam wiped his eyes. "That lopsided smile, those crinkly eyes. God Niall, what if something happens to him?" Liam's voice cracked at the end and he looked up, his eyes wide and teary with fear.

"The police are starting to gather information about Butch, I think overtime things will get better." Niall assured him with a hard swallow, wanting to believe his own words.
Liam just sighed, closing his eyes. "You know, after these past two years I thought things would settle down."
"Me too." Niall mumbled, staring down his hands.
Liam sat up and wiped his eyes, though tears gathered again seconds later. "I can't lose him, you know that right?"
Niall nodded, fiddling with his thumbs.
"Like if anything happens to him, I-I'm gonna kill Butch." Liam said, breathing heavily. The emotion in his voice was so heavy that even Niall wanted a hug now.
Liam looked away and mumbled as he wiped his eyes. "I just can't lose him."

>>>> >>>>>
Niall woke up an hour or so later, sprawled on Liam's bed. Liam was snoring softly beside him, and the Irish lad yawned as he rolled onto his back. The clock read 5, and he lazily grabbed his phone which had fallen out of his pockets while he was sleeping. He went to Twitter where the frenzy was still the same, albeit a little died down.
Niall sighed as he exited the app. Management had forbidden them from doing anything, tweeting or interacting with fans. No pictures, no autographs, no messages, just silence.
Niall couldn't wait to change management.
Liam yawned beside him before snuggling deeper into his pillow. There was no denying the fact that he looked completely adorable like a small puppy.

Niall frowned. Liam's cheeks were slightly red, and he placed his hand on his forehead. He'd gotten a fever again.
"Geez Liam." Niall shook his head worriedly. Liam sniffed in his sleep, and Niall assumed the lad had a blocked nose too. He pushed himself off the bed and stretched before heading downstairs. When he passed Harry's room, he noticed that the door was open. Niall peeked through and smiled softly at the sight. Louis and Harry had fallen asleep, cuddling under the covers. Niall closed the door and made his way down the stairs. Trisha and Doniya were the only ones present downstairs, and Niall greeted them as he entered the kitchen.

"Liam's got a fever again," he explained, grabbing a leaf of Tylenol.
"Have you watched the news?" Doniya asked gingerly, and Niall frowned.
Doniya lifted her mug and took a sip before placing it in the table. She grabbed the newspaper and showed him the headline.
One Direction member kidnapped, is the police working hard enough?
"Lots of bullshit about how this may be a planned stunt for pr and such," Doniya explained, and Niall sighed. "Don't really care 'bout the media right now, Liam's not getting better and he's not even trying."
Trisha sighed and handed him a steaming mug of tea. "It's hard for him too. Liam is very close to Zayn."
Niall nodded. "I know."

He thanked her for the tea and balanced a glass of water and the Tylenol leaf in his other hand. When he reached Liam's room, the lad was already awake. His eyes drooped and he yawned, running a hand through his messy hair.
"Morning." Niall placed the mug of tea on the side table and handed Liam the glass. "You've got a fever again," he said, placing the pill in Liam's palm.
"Explains my headache," Liam mumbled. "Thanks."
Niall nodded, plopping down on the bed. "If you really care about Zayn-"
Liam frowned. "Course I do."
"-then he would like you to at least take care of yourself." Niall continued, giving him a pointed look. "You know how he is, Liam. He'd like you to take care of yourself first."
Liam looked down at the glass in his hands. "I know," he said softly. "I'm just too worried. Worst case scenarios keep playing in my head, and I just-"
He rubbed his eyes and set the glass down. "I'm taking a shower."
Niall nodded sadly. He stood up and pulled Liam in one final hug before leaving the room, closing the door softly behind him.

>>>A/N<<<
This was basically a filler chapter...which made me sad :(
Who's pov do you want the bank heist to be in?

Love you guys, thanks for the continuous support. Don't forget to comment, they always tell me what you think of the story and helps me improve! Also, I have finals these two weeks, so I'm not sure about the next update but I'll see when I can :)

Ps. Do you want Ziam to happen? So far I'm only taking Ziam as a very strong bond, as well as with the other boys. What are your thoughts?
I'm still unsure, so I would love to get feedback!

xx