[49]

49- Riley

Riley sucked in a breath as she watched Tom and Butch stare each other down. "Shoot him and I'll shoot you," Butch said easily. Tom narrowed his eyes. "We. Don't. Have. Time. Let's just kill him and get this over with."

"I never liked you anyway," Butch said, and Riley did the only thing she could come up with. She pulled her gun out of the waistband of her jeans and pointed it at Butch. "Don't do this," she warned him in the most threatening tone she could muster.

Butch chuckled darkly. "You wouldn't dare shoot."

Riley gritted her teeth, nudging his head with the gun. "Don't push me."

Tom grinned, lifting the gun from Zayn's head and instead pointing it towards Butch. "I never liked you either."

Butch kept a firm grip on the gun that he had pointed at Tom. "Riley won't kill me. And if she does, I'll make sure to end your life along with mine."

Riley gripped the gun tighter, her palms sweaty and her hands shaking. He was right. She couldn't do this. She'd done many horrible things in her life. Almost all sorts of crimes, but murder was one she wouldn't do.

Tom smirked. He turned back towards Zayn. "If he even dares lift a finger, Riley, kill him."

Butch chuckled. "Bad choice, you can't trust her."

Tom shook his head. "I can. One word and she'll end your life."

"You don't know her," Butch said smugly. Riley wanted nothing more than to shoot that smirk off his face. Maybe Tom was right, she could do it after all.

Zayn began to struggle, trying to get out of his grip, but Tom kicked him down, climbing on top of him. He grabbed Zayn's arms and pinned them with one hand, pressing the gun to his temple. Zayn stared up with eyes full of anger and sadness.

"You've caused me a lot of pain since last year," Tom began. "I can't even go back to Australia." He kneed Zayn in the stomach. "Just because of you!"

Zayn breathed heavily and Tom chuckled. "Not anymore. I am done with you. Thank you for getting me a ton lot of money."

He was about to press the trigger when the slamming of doors could be heard. Riley's head snapped up and her eyes widened. Shit.

"This is the police! Come out unarmed or we'll come in. I repeat, this is the police!"

>>>>Louis>>>>>
Louis pressed his nose to the cold window of the police car. Al had driven like a maniac, but he couldn't blame him. The siren's allowed them to pass cars easily and Louis had never been so worried in his life. He doubted Butch or Tom hadn't noticed the tracker in the van and had probably tricked them by now.
Niall tapped his shoulder and leaned forward. "Do you think we'll find him?" he whispered.

Louis stared at him, feeling the need to tell him that there was a chance of Zayn being dead. "I don't know," he said instead, turning back to stare out of the window.

The radio cackled and a voice filled the car. "Sir, we checked the factory."

Al glanced annoyed at them. He had been very adamant on not bringing them with him, but Louis would not have any of it. With or without Al's permission they would follow anyway. "And did you find anything?"

"Yes sir, we found a body. It was wearing a coat, jeans and red sweater, it's none of our men sir. Over."

Louis sucked in a breath and his eyes widened. The other boys seemed confused at first, but it wasn't long before they'd catch on. Al locked eyes with Louis in the rearview mirror and Louis's chest constricted.
"Louis, are you okay? What's going on?" Harry asked in confusion. Louis fumbled for his phone and pulled it out. He went to photos and clicked on the one that he'd stared at so many times. The picture Tom had taken of Zayn. Red sweater, coat and jeans. Louis's head began to swarm and he pressed it to the cold window. No, they were wrong. He squeezed his eyes shut, feeling the tears well up in his eyes. N-no, there had to be an explanation. After all of this, Zayn could not possibly be dead.