[28]

28- Harry
[PLEASE ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AT THE BOTTOM, THANK YOU 🙏🏼😘]

Harry chewed on his bottom lip harshly, drawing blood, but he was too nervous to care. They were on their way to the location Butch had provided, just after telling officer Al about the whole situation. He exploded on them first, scolding how they shouldn't have kept it to themselves and all. Then he realized they were losing time and told them that he would bring lots of men and round the perimeter, hiding in the forest if Butch didn't stick to his word.
Harry threw a glance at Niall who had offered to drive. His hands were clutching the wheel tightly, and his eyes were focused on the road. He seemed nervous too, but not half as much as Harry felt. He had been bouncing his leg up and down, lip between his teeth and hands wringing against each other.
"We're here." Louis cleared his throat, and Harry's heart pounded in his chest. They parked the car just outside the forest, and he pursed his lips. There was another car parked ten meters away, and he could squint about two figures inside.
The boys got out of the car slowly, keeping their eyes on the car.

Harry wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans as he looked around. The sun was barely up, no more providing the little warmth it had in this cold weather. Liam visibly swallowed, pulling out the bag with all the money. They walked forward, and Harry watched closely as the man, Butch, stepped out of the car. He was wearing a beanie, his jacket pulled tightly around him in the chilly weather. As the boys walked closer, they noticed that there was someone sitting in the shotgun seat. Zayn was nowhere to be seen. Harry scowled, his senses on alert. He restrained himself from looking around for any hint of the police, not wanting to look like they'd contacted the police. Which they had. Which Butch said they were not supposed to do.
Harry shook his head, trying to look at the bright side of things. Nothing seemed bright right now. He felt exposed from where they had stopped, in the middle, like somebody would jump up from behind the trees and shoot him.
A shiver ran down his spine at the idea and he sighed. What had their lives become? Why was it so hard to just live a normal life and enjoy it?
He remembered at school something his math teacher used to say, 'Life isn't fair' whenever she dropped a pop quiz on them. It had never really hit him how right she was. Math equation seemed like such a microscopic problem compared to where he was standing, who he was going to meet. And to top it off, uncertainty was filling him with negative thoughts and he was starting to get more nervous.

The door other door opened and a person stepped out, a large hat covering his/her face.
"Who's that?" Niall leaned forward and whispered.  Harry shook his head. "Don't know."
He watched as Butch and the person opened the backseat door. His breath was caught in his throat as they hoisted an unconscious Zayn, their arms supporting him up.
Harry's heart twisted and he felt a wave of emotion crash into him. They couldn't leave without Zayn, he decided. No way.
Zayn's head was resting on his shoulder, and his hair was completely messed up. A bruise covered his cheek, the place where Butch had grazed his cheek was still visible and he had a small bump above his eyebrow. Harry's heart ached to run and grab him from those two. To take him home.
"It's not Tom, is it?" Liam said, his voice hoarse. Harry threw a glance at him. His eyes were glossy. Liam noticed him looking and he turned his face away, hands clenched into tight fists.

"Let's hope not." Louis murmured. Butch and the person stopped in front of them. The person was too slim to be Tom, and shorter in height too. The person lifted their head and looked up, making Harry frown. It was a girl, looking about twenty years old. Who was this?
Butch let go of Zayn carelessly like some kind of doll, making the girl swear under her breath as she tried to support his large frame on her own. Harry felt twisted and sick hot anger bubble inside him, and he tried to restrain himself from leaping at the guy. He was armed, he had to be. Any foolish move and it could get them all killed. Harry's chest constricted and a lump formed in his throat as he held back tears. This was hopeless.
Butch clasped his hands, lips curling into a smirk as he eyed the bag in Liam's hands. "You have the money, I see." He started. "I'm Butch by the way, but you already know that."
"Where's Tom?" Louis asked, his eyes glued to Zayn instead of looking at Butch.