[113]

113- Liam

The judge swept her gaze over the audience and the juries

The judge swept her gaze over the audience and the juries. "Tom Finley has committed large crimes, and is involved in three cases. He has attempted murder, he has abducted a citizen and performed two armed robbery."

The juries nodded in agreement and some scribbled something down. The judge looked at Zayn briefly before at Tom, and Liam felt his chest tighten. "Tom Finley, haven taken account of these charges and allegations, having seen the evidence by both parties, I sentence you to a life time in prison."

Liam felt his heart skip and he broke into a smile. He looked over at Zayn, who was still tense, but there was a small smile of relief in his lips. Liam hadn't expected Tom to walk free, but Zayn seemed uncertain even till the end. Liam was sitting too far away to comfort the boy, but his heart ached for him. They still had Riley, Brian, Joey and Butch left.

Daniel, who was sitting beside Zayn, smiled and gave Zayn a fist bump up. Zayn's smile grew and he ruffled the boy's hair. Insides warming, Liam looked away with a smile.

"Everyone in favor?" The judge asked and the jury nodded. After that, she slammed her gavel and that was it. Niall, who was sitting beside him, nudged Liam with a grin. "Man, it's satisfying to know that bastard's going to rot in jail the rest of his life."

Liam nodded in agreement and cast a glance at Trisha. Their eyes locked and she smiled watery at him. These two years had been horrible for Zayn because of this man, and now he would be gone for the rest of his life.

Tom looked furious as he was pushed out, and it seemed like he might start a fight, but the police restrained him good. Tom's eyes flitted over to Zayn, but Liam stood up angrily, the boys joining him. They gave the man the deadlies look and Tom averted his gaze with a clench of the jaw.

Next up was Riley.

>>>> >>>>>

There was going to be a break before Riley was brought to court. Liam stood up and stretched a little, turning to the other boys and Trisha. "Anyone want something?"

"Coffee for me," Louis said cheerily and Trisha nodded. Niall rubbed his stomach. "Anything edible you can get your hands on."

Harry shrugged. "Just a water bottle."

Liam turned to Zayn, who was talking with Daniel softly. "Zayn, you want anything?"

Zayn looked up at him and nodded. "Coffee. I'll come with you."

Liam walked past people and started walking out the doors. Zayn caught up to him despite his sight limp, and Liam struggled to find the right words. "How do you feel? Tom's gone now."

"Satisfied, I guess," Zayn mumbled, pocketing his hands. "Not as angry," he sad softly, locking eyes with Liam. Liam remembered what Zayn told him in his bedroom; how he wanted to hurt Butch and Tom so bad.